Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help: what is 997.1.5 generation turbo

wilpert

Indianapolis
In my ongoing search for a friends 997, I saw a lowish mileage cab, with what looks like good history and nice spec.

It's described as a 997 .1.5 gen
What does this mean?
Do these cars Atul suffer bore scoring?

It's in what I would call a marmite colour, slate grey with natural cocoa leather interior but I think it looks really nice and the spec looks good too.

I'll try to post a link soon.

Thanks again all 😀

Here:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202204014200597

It's a facelift that's all.
Bullet proof engine wise :thumb:

What u think on price and spec, I think these people are a little bit pricey but this one seems ok to me?

Romans deal with high end cars. I have not owned a tiptronic gear box but is definitely not as refined as PDK. Selling it on could be an issue cos of it. Cocoa brown interior looks okay in flesh. 997 Turbo has a basic good spec in general anyway. 2 owners and mileage is promising.
I have a feeling that Ashgoods/ 911V have one or two there.
Might be worth exploring that route as well.

It seems a good price for a low mileage, late model car.

Gen 1.5 basically means it has the later PCM and rear lights from the Gen2 car.

Tip is more refined than PDK ie smoother as its a traditonal automatic gearbox. Its not as fast as PDK which is really a twin manual with flappy paddles I've never found them as smooth in stop start London traffic. Wouldnt put me of a turbo to waft around South of France especially a cab I think that colour combo stunning. The tip really suits the turbo as a dd IMO and most people quicker in a tip when you flick the car into sport mode I've never found myself in the wrong gear in a tip 997 turbo when wanting to get somewhere quickly.

1.5 is a Mezger turbo with mid life PCM update of gen 2. Lovely car that.

FYI - depending on how long you want to keep the car just be aware the colour combo is 'marmite'

It's actually been up for sale with Romans since early November last year so they're struggling to move it. It was on for £65k at one point.

I had a 997.1 turbo tip and loved it. They're great cars and the mileage on this one is really low.

Given the time it's been for sale there might be a deal to be had.

The parking cars is a good site for seeing what's out there and how long things have been on the market.

https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/#!/used-cars/997-turbo.html%3Fid_pays%3D2%26id_modele%3D3059%26tri%3Dprix_croissant

Thanks max, useful link.

I love the colour combo but I too said that it's a bit marmite.
I would defo want that if I was in the market for myself.

wilpert said:
In my ongoing search for a friends 997, I saw a lowish mileage cab, with what looks like good history and nice spec.

It's described as a 997 .1.5 gen
What does this mean?

As far as I can see / read about, the 1.5 was a bit of another Porsche con to shift the last gen 1 cars, before the gen 2 was launched!
Maybe they ran out of the old electronics components in 2009 or something :grin:

The ONLY difference seems to be the audio and central console switches etc. So it includes the gen 2 PCM 3.0 but no different steering wheels or anything else. It didn't include any of the gen 2 exterior changes, so the same lights front and rear as the gen 1.

If considering value, rather than the Romans car, you'd be much better buying a real gen 2 Turbo, as you then get all of the interior and exterior changes, including a decent auto box. I don't get the silly rarity value of the 1.5 at all, and I think the market probably agrees with that too!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back