Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - how please to remove centre air vent??

Space Cadet

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi, I'm fitting a double-din radio and need to remove the frame around the original radio. I've removed the horse-shoe shaped facia and then there are 3 screws on each side that hold the frame to the chassis. But it won't pull free because, I think, the centre air vent is holding it back.

I can't for the life of me see how to release the air vent, there doesn't look to be any screws???

Help!!

Thanks

Thanks, it didn't mention it - but have since found out there are hopefully two tabs inside the vents that need to be pushed down so as to be able to remove the vent. Will take another look today.

:thumbs:

@Space Cadet - which double DIN unit have you gone for, if you don't mind me asking?

Not yet actually fitted it as am still first fitting the facia and splicing in the new loom.

Pioneer SPH-DA160DAB £349 at Dynamic Sounds

Nice 8) That Pioneer should give a nice 'clean' unfussy look

Weighing up options for my C4S too - can't justify/stretch to PCCM+, so great to see what other forum members are doing.

Please keep us (me :D) posted with how you get on with fitting

It depends on the age of the vehicle .. i believe it's the early type that the air vent comes away with the front panel with the later type having X2 " hooks " .. a very small watchmakers screwdriver to push into the slot and lever downwards in both of these and it will come out .

Slot is in the very top of the air vent and between the slates .

mullerice said:
Weighing up options for my C4S too - can't justify/stretch to PCCM+, so great to see what other forum members are doing.

£150 xtrons.

CjZCMhd.jpg

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back