Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have i found the GT3 for me?

captaintibes

Hi all,

My search for a new car is ongoing and one that has been on Pistonheads for quite a while looks pretty appealing especially as it has dipped to 40k from around 44k a few weeks back.

My aim has been to find the best 911 experience i can for weekend and occasional track fun and a model that will be more price stable than the '08 Cayman S i am currently driving.

Does anyone know anything about this car? Reading the spec and history it certainly looks like its well worth a PPI and serious purchase consideration but if anyone has any comments i'd love to hear them.

cheers
Mat

Mod Update, Content added rather than a 3rd Party Ad link

3453639-2.jpg

996 GT3 with Porsche warranty (2005)
15,900 miles £40,000

Basalt black with black leather interior and yellow brake callipers.

This is one of the very last GT3's registered in 2005 on an 05 plate.

Car was originally purchased through Porsche Centre Reading. (Porsche UK Main Dealer) when new.

The car has Full Porsche main dealer service history. All services have been carried out on time and the service book has been stamped accordingly. The last service was May 2011. The most recent MOT was done in July 2011. Brake Fluid has also been changed as per the OPC service schedule.

The car was supplied as an approved used Porsche on 21/05/2010 by Porsche Centre Mid Sussex. I have all the invoices to prove this along with all the checks the car went through at the time to pass the strict OPC requirements. The warranty has since been renewed so the car now has Official Porsche warranty until 14/03/2012. This is the same warranty you get if you purchase the car directly from a Porsche centre. You will not find many GT3's still under warranty or eligible for the warranty. Being a 2005 car, the warranty can be extended for a further 2 years if desired.

Car is supplied with all documentation, owner's manuals, service books and 2 sets of keys.

Also includes the factory tyre inflator kit (unused) and all the tools that were originally supplied with the car.

HPI clear. No accidents or finance.

FACTORY Options fitted to the car include:

Leather bucket seats. A must in my opinion for the full GT3 experience.

No roll cage so you can still access all the luggage space in the back.

Air-conditioning.

CD player inc. Front & rear speakers and CD storage in centre console.

Cruise Control.

Aluminium cabin trim.

PCCB. Porsche Carbon ceramic brakes. A very expensive option when new. These brakes are amazing and are leagues above the standard steel brakes. A set of ceramics last much longer than a set of steels so they aren't even beginning to show wear. I believe 911 Virgin sold a 180,000 mile GT3 recently which was still on its original ceramic brakes!

The car had a full geometry setup in September 2011 by Chris @ Center Gravity. If you've done your research you'll know this is the only place to take a GT3. Ride heights, corner weights, camber, toe etc were all changed to the Center Gravity road setup. This cost over £600 & the car's handling is now sublime.

The car also had 2 new front tyres in September 2011. All tyres are 'N' rated as per Porsche requirement.

The car is fully sorted , maintained regardless of cost & drives superbly. I am confident this car has much better history/condition than most of the cars you will find for ££££'s more at dealers. This is a completely unmolested, low mileage GT3 with an OPC warranty. The car has been into my local OPC for some warranty work recently (24/10/2011) so the car has a complete clean bill of health.

**I have now reduced the price to £40,000. This is by far the cheapest low mileage GT3 for sale of this spec which comes with the peace of mind of a transferable Porsche warranty. I am not open to offers or part exchange. This is a completely straight car & has never been involved in an accident or damaged. The car has a few small hairline scratches here and there but other than that it is immaculate. No stone chips and the interior is unmarked, as you would expect on a car of this mileage.
Part Exchange: No thanks

Advert Age: 1 days

Beautiful, and surely can't lose any more money (especially as the 991 GT3 isn't launched until 2013).

I have seen the car for sale for 5-6 months...

PPI is a MUST, and by a good Indy who knows GT3's (not an OPC)

If the car checks out it looks a good buy.

Fabulous value... the mileage is so, so low !!. :thumb:

Daniel said:

6 months ago was the height of the GT3 "season", why hasn't it sold before now?

Senoj said:
Daniel said:

6 months ago was the height of the GT3 "season", why hasn't it sold before now?

:?:

Talk to Chris Franklin, he knows the car and will be able to give a good insight...looks like an interesting car to me :thumb:

Yes that 'why hasn't it already sold' question is at the forefront of my mind too.

Thank you for mentioning this chap Chris - who might he be and how would I reach him? I really was hoping to come across someone who knew the vehicle.

Thanks!

That's nasty....

Chris Franklin is the owner of the suspension and geometry tuning company Centre Gravity Ltd. He is widely regarded as the best in the business when it comes to suspension set up and what he doesn't know about Porsches isn't worth knowing.

I recently dropped in to see him at his place in Warwickshire to talk to him about my car which he set up about 2 years ago and without referring to anything he could still remember the car and the angles everything was set to! Amazing!

If Chris has even worked on this GT3 then I'm sure he'll remember it well and give you lots of info.

Give him a call on 01827 718800 or email him through his website:

http://www.centergravity.co.uk/

Steve

Steve thanks a lot that's very helpful. I've just contacted COG so hopefully will hear something positive back soon.

Also i'm starting to contact some of the recommended independents to find which woudl be happy to carry out a PPI in the West Midlands area!

Will report back soon with the progress...

Looks stunning, could be a bargain if all checks out. Good luck and keep us posted!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back