Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT4/Spyder questions re PCCB and carbon buckets - potential purchase

Edmundo2

Trainee
Hi.

I’ve just taken a deposit on my Exige so hoping to be in a position to buy either a GT4 or Spyder shortly. It appears 718 are still dropping in value but probably not enough yet for me so think it will be 981…( plus I think I’d have to find extra funds asap to make a 718 louder ).

It will be a weekend car for blasts out with mates primarily.. On this basis I fancy 918 buckets however I do find them a bit upright. My old Evora was the same but it had spacers fitted under the front to help recline them a touch. Has anyone done this on a GT4?

Also re PCCB…I understand the pros and cons however can’t gauge how common a chipped or scored disc is. The replacement cost is really off putting and I’m sure steels would be fine but if the right car turned up with PCCB on it I’d be tempted if the chance of needing replacement was very unlikely.

Any advice appreciated.

Ed

hiya, dont worry about the spacers till you get used to the car

as for PCCB, just depends on the car, they might be fine or just swap them for steels which can last

I'd go PCCB all the way given the original owner has done their dough ordering them. In relation to the seats you can get an adjuster bracket to tilt/recline the 918 seats. I had the carbon folding buckets (heated) and they were sublime. 918 seats look good but they don't fit everybody so have a good drive sat in one. The 'bargains' are the 18-way seats that are the best seat Porsche make but the hype with a GT car almost mandates carbon buckets. it doesn't it just means a car without is priced lower and eqaully will sell for lower. One extra that is a 'must have' is the extended leather option.

Only last week the chap I sold my GT4 to contacted me to ask if I was interested in buying it back for £63k including extended warranty, otherwise he was trading it for a 992 GT3RS. When I sold it the car was mint with 7k, now on 10k. he knew how much I liked that car and indeed I may have been tempted but 'irons in the fire' etc.. He may now have traded it to Porsche otherwise someone could have followed it up if interested.

ETA: Looks like my old car is being retailed by Porsche Wilmslow. So if they gave him £63k that's a hefty mark up asking £75k. I paid that for it 5yrs ago!

:eek:

I have two cars with PCCBs, they are excellent. Never had any issues with either car. I've owned one car for over 10 years.

I'd have been interested in that at £63k..

Can't imagine Wilmslow entertaining anything south of £70k and seems a bit pointless paying dealer mark up if its got extended opc warranty and could have been had for a lot less..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back