Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Rear Bumper - Centre Exit Exhaust

C11BRA said:
I purchased my car with the centre exit & bumper already fitted.

During a recent valved gundo hack, I discovered that my centre exhaust was a simple bespoke set up. It is a series of stainless pipes welded together and I love the final look. Well worth the effort.

Looks great - any idea who did the work?

MaxA said:
This cuts both ways, I had some stuff on order prior to Brexit and in one case, the shipping company just didn't pick up the shipment. And when it finally rocked up after Brexit, I had to pay local duty on top of the UK VAT already paid. None of the shipping firms want to send anything over the UK border, whichever way it's going. I'm not bothering to order from the UK any more. So trade is already suffering.

I think you are right! Had an email this morning saying they can't ship to the UK and have cancelled my order! :? So back to square one!

Going to have to source something from the UK, has to be centre exit exhaust! May try OPC just in case!

rob_p said:
C11BRA said:

During a recent valved gundo hack, I discovered that my centre exhaust was a simple bespoke set up. It is a series of stainless pipes welded together and I love the final look. Well worth the effort.

No idea who did the first instal. But I fitted the x pipes & re-instated the factory silencers and added 2" valved gundo hack. Sounds incredible but my wife appreciates the quiet mode.

See here.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1593387#1593387

rob_p said:
C11BRA said:

No idea who did the first instal. But I fitted the x pipes & re-instated the factory silencers and added 2" valved gundo hack. Sounds incredible but my wife appreciates the quiet mode.

See here.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1593387#1593387

So Mad Motors have now accepted my order based on me accepting a longer delivery time, hopefully in first couple of weeks in May! Not too much of a problem as long as it's no later, I can push my booking with the bodyshop back a few weeks.. but have a feeling there may be a few hitches along the way :? The suppliers website does show the bumper 'in stock', bring to confirm it that is actually the case!

DucatiRob said:
So Mad Motors have now accepted my order based on me accepting a longer delivery time, hopefully in first couple of weeks in May! Not too much of a problem as long as it's no later, I can push my booking with the bodyshop back a few weeks.. but have a feeling there may be a few hitches along the way :? The suppliers website does show the bumper 'in stock', bring to confirm it that is actually the case!

Thats good news Rob, as you say when modding we learn to expect unknown issues to come along :thumb:

C11BRA said:

Hi C11BRA, would you know if the GT3 style rear bumper sits any lower than the standard bumper? Have been having a poke around to see how much space there is to run the pipework from the silencers to the centre, not a lot of room at all! I see that you have an aftermarket x-pipe and and the cats look smaller than the OEM ones, so probably a but more room!

No idea about the bumper. I've never looked under a standard 997 bumper. I'm guessing there is.

I think it might still have fitted with factory cats.

My outlet pipes are simply fabricated and finished with polished stainless tips.

I can send you more photos if that helps?

C11BRA said:
No idea about the bumper. I've never looked under a standard 997 bumper. I'm guessing there is.

I think it might still have fitted with factory cats.

My outlet pipes are simply fabricated and finished with polished stainless tips.

I can send you more photos if that helps?

Any photos would be appreciated, thanks :thumb:

Had a look under mine today, fairly sure there should be enough space to run a tube from the silencer to the exit at the same level at the bumper cut-out, but pics will really help confirm until my bumper turns up and I can play around with routing!

So. These are in the wrong order. Latest first.

My last job was to fit stainless sleeves so I had infinite adjustment of the exit pipes. They are guaranteed to settle I'm sure.

Here you can the section I cut in from the old fabricated section to meet the factory silencers.

I made a quick jig to help with the fabrication. But to be honest, the sleeves give me total adjustability so this was more for height.

Here it is with the Drivers side completed.

And here it is with the second hand factory silencer during mock up & pre gundo and paint coating.

These 3 photos were of the original system during initial strip down.

Happy with my spacing in the end. And the sound.

Many thanks for the pics :thumb: really useful!
Will buy a bunch of various mandrel bends so i have options!

So I now have everything I need for the GT3 centre exit conversion :thumbs:

The bumper turned up a couple of weeks ago, took around 7 weeks in the end, mostly down to manufacturing delays due to the factory in Germany being hit hard with Covid. Luckily there was no delay at customs and the UK distributor got it shipped to me the next day! Really pleased with the quality, very well finished and most of the fixing holes are pre-drilled/slotted, which is unusual for fibreglass.

I have the X-Pipe cats from top gear to facilitate an easier routing of the exhaust (plus some more noise :D ) a bunch of 54mm dia. stainless tube and bends and some new tips all ready.

Have the weekend and Monday/Tuesday off work to get everything fitted before the car goes for paint on Wednesday :)

Test fitted the bumper today, pretty much a perfect fit! Very impressed, the only modification needed is to trim the heat shield frames where the vents foul the plastic and some spacers for the lower fixings as the bumper hangs a little lower than standard.

IMG-20210612-152707.jpg

IMG-20210612-161403.jpg

Cats off tomorrow and see how to route the pipes :mechanic:

You spoken to C11BRA :dont know:

Think it's on his thread but may be me having had too much
wine.gif

HSC911 said:
You spoken to C11BRA :dont know:

Think it's on his thread but may be me having had too much
wine.gif

Had few myself :cheers: Good to meet you last Sunday Jin Was just checking out your website, congrats on the new venture! :thumb:

Yes, checked out C11BRA'd thread, very helpful!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleasedudley
Back