Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gen 1 steering wheel upgrade photos please

Thefinn said:
There are loads of universal ones on eBay cheeper since I found that one

thanks mate ,I will have a look :thumb:

back_in_black said:
silvermilnec said:
My 997 turbo tip got a 997.2 pdk wheel.

Before and after pics. I have now sent my wheel to royal steering wheels for a retrim.

Where did you get this from silvermilnec? I can only find ones trimmed in alcantara online. Cheers.

I got mine from market sterling's, he a member on here and really good bloke! Plus here a silver fronted one.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202055451159

Scholester said:
I sold the TG exhaust on before fitting as it was Kline or nothing for me. I have actually emailed Felix to see if he is still able to do a system for last years Black Friday prices and I would take the plunge if he can.

I've never regretted my Kline!! On a recent euro trip with some amazing tunnels I got some great comments from 991/boxster/M4 all n/a with sport exhaust :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Scholester said:
I sold the TG exhaust on before fitting as it was Kline or nothing for me. I have actually emailed Felix to see if he is still able to do a system for last years Black Friday prices and I would take the plunge if he can.

I've never regretted my Kline!! On a recent euro trip with some amazing tunnels I got some great comments from 991/boxster/M4 all n/a with sport exhaust :thumb:

9e can't get anywhere near Klines own Black Friday prices from last year (+£700) so looks like a non-starter 😞

silvermilnec said:
Scholester said:

9e can't get anywhere near Klines own Black Friday prices from last year (+£700) so looks like a non-starter 😞

Attachments

• klinetipsfitted_404.jpg
    klinetipsfitted_404.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 2,819
  • klinetips_121.jpg
    klinetips_121.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 2,819
Just an update for you all as i have decided to go for the 997.2 / 991 tequipment wheel so have been hunting around to see if i can get a good deal on a bag and wheel for the last few days.

After quite a few mails and with no response from any of the suppliers apart from OPC for new prices, last night i sent a mail to a company called the Airbag team who responded first thing this morning. Just done the deal on an airbag that they have in stock and i think i got a good price at £360 delivered, its guaranteed as perfect condition and has 12 month warranty. They are also now trying to hunt down a wheel for me as well so i will hold out for a few days before i order and new one from OPC.

They also said they have a few in stock + other wheels and will match the price the £350 + 10 delivery price for forum members on a black airbag, so if you are currently looking as well give Jordan a try on [email protected] :thumb:

Nice one Jordan, love the tips! I had mine re-chromed but I'm constantly cleaning them, might after look at this.

Thefinn said:
Just an update for you all as i have decided to go for the 997.2 / 991 tequipment wheel so have been hunting around to see if i can get a good deal on a bag and wheel for the last few days.

After quite a few mails and with no response from any of the suppliers apart from OPC for new prices, last night i sent a mail to a company called the Airbag team who responded first thing this morning. Just done the deal on an airbag that they have in stock and i think i got a good price at £360 delivered, its guaranteed as perfect condition and has 12 month warranty. They are also now trying to hunt down a wheel for me as well so i will hold out for a few days before i order and new one from OPC.

I think you were in luck to get that bag at a good price. The [2012] 997.2/991.1 Tequipment wheel looks good in a 997, and if you don't fancy the OPC price, Design911 might be able to do better. I got my Ocean Blue job from them, it was very straightforward as they had it in stock. :grin:

Thanks MaxA, i was actually about to push the button on the OPC supplied wheel as the new manual leather one is only £688 with the 911uk discount, which i thought was actually not that bad especially as its unmolested. But my man at Airbag team said he could check with his suppliers to come up with a good deal on a quality used so i will give him a few day to see what he turns up, if not back to OPC but it will be in for Christmas either way. :thumb:

thanks all for the posts / advice but my new wheel is now fitted and working fine woth no issues or programming needed. I will update my progress thread with the full install but here is a picture of it as I have just finished fitting it in my freezing garage.

Attachments

• 20171209_183156_resized_195.jpg
    20171209_183156_resized_195.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 3,410
Thefinn said:
thanks all for the posts / advice but my new wheel is now fitted and working fine woth no issues or programming needed. I will update my progress thread with the full install but here is a picture of it as I have just finished fitting it in my freezing garage.

very nice Finn :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back