Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel upgrade

1 newbee

Can I put a 2022 macan steering wheel onto my 997 triptronic . I believe you can with the earlier model but not sure on the later models?

it might do, but depends, some may require an adaptor but it should be plug and play but not sure about the paddles

Might be worth having a look here

The paddles won't work unless you update the steering control module, I have a 991 wheel on my 997.1 Tiptronic...........it's well worth the upgrade but not the cheapest as it will need coding to the car.

Can you give me any ideas of cost apart from steering wheel? many thanks.
The steering control module retails at £330 which you may be able to discount slightly with your OPC if you're a PCGB or TIPEC member, in addition to that you need your wheel and the coding.

I had my independant perform the whole task for me and they charged me for two hours labour, so for me the total cost was the wheel plus roughly £500.

Hope this helps.

Can you let me know who you used as I’d rather use someone who has done this before? Thanks

Can you let me know who you used as I’d rather use someone who has done this before? Thanks
Not sure where you're based, but I've used Wrightune in the past for similar work on my 991. Chris is a lovely chap and very reasonable price wise

I've seen that Friends Green Porsche also do the steering wheel update - there's a clip of it on their Instagram. I think you would probably have to supply the wheel but might be worth checking with them.

It'd be good if you could post an update once you've done it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back