Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage floor recommendations

On Topic: Self-levelling screed & epoxy paint. Cheap, easy to repair, looks nice in white, won't crack, but if it does paint over it.
decorative_patterned_concrete_clip_image004.jpg

You could even put amusing murals on your floor.
3d-floor-murals.jpeg

Now, back off topic as that was much more entertaining. :thumbs:

I put this down:

I had red quarry tiles fitted in my garage 15 years ago, never had a problem wit them.

Best couple of hundred quid I have spent on "house" improvements

I used these after a good level screed.

Would have been MUCH cheaper if I could calculate more accurately too :D

They are self adhesive vinyl tiles and they are plenty warm enough to lay on plus easy to keep clean.

12188631754_768a200a4f.jpg

Err...

knight to queen's bishop 3?

:thumbs:

You sunk my battleship!

Blobsta said:

They are self adhesive vinyl tiles and they are plenty warm enough to lay on plus easy to keep clean.

J3sus, the possibilities are endless.

If you coloured some in with red, green and yellow you could play twister for feckin ages. :thumbs:

I think the interlocking plastic ones have got to be the best bet in the end.
Loads on eBay - looks like you can do a a double garage for c£200.
Easy diy job.

Porcelain is v strong BUT with adhesives and fitting will be much more expensive. DIY possible but big investment of time and hard to get just right.
And will also be cold on hands and knees.
Money no object = porcelain with electric underfloor heating .... Lovely!!

I went with Dynotiles in the end.
The price was similar to many but the supplier is just up the road from the NEC Birmingham, which meant a saving on delivery and I had the option of buying single tiles off the shelf if required- which I did as I also put them in the utility room and needed a couple of extras.

Blobsta said:

Standing on the square?

J3sus, the possibilities are endless.

If you coloured some in with red, green and yellow you could play twister for feckin ages. :thumbs:

And I might. Garage is empty at the moment as the car is back with Parr :(

garyw said:
I went with Dynotiles in the end.
The price was similar to many but the supplier is just up the road from the NEC Birmingham, which meant a saving on delivery and I had the option of buying single tiles off the shelf if required- which I did as I also put them in the utility room and needed a couple of extras.

I went with those too, look good, but they are showing signs of wear a couple of years on...

Attachments

• floor1_190.jpg
    floor1_190.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16,131
The staining of the tyres is shocking though, I don't know what to do with that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back