Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front drive shaft CV removal

tooslow

Trainee
Hi all, I'm having a hard time removing the inner race ? from the half shaft on the front of my 2000 c4. I removed the circular clip, I've tried a puller but that keeps sliding off. I've used a punch from the backside to try and knock it off, but nothing. I need to replace the inner boot and replace the outer while I'm there.

I will try some heat next

Any help, recommendations ? Recommended puller ?

Attachments

• c4_front_drive_210.png
    c4_front_drive_210.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 538
You will need heat on that .. a hot air gun will do .. it's also in bits now which makes it a bit of a mission to assemble .I try to not have it fall apart .

I normally have a very large drift and a very large hammer when i do these .. hit that part top then bottom and so on until it moves off .

I used a press, if you were near you could use mine.

MC

Thanks for the replies guys, haven't had chance to try anything as ended up in hospital just over 2 weeks ago with pneumonia, still here with cabin fever. So looks like might be a while before I get the spanners back out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back