Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front crash bar sensors - what are they GPS?

H0ME

Trainee
Can anyone share insight on the two sensors attached to the front crash bar. Car is 2011.

There seems to be a square one glued on with a magnetic attachment. This is possibly the gps or airbag impact sensor but the magnetic part is interesting.

And then a second one looped around part of the foam impact covering.

See pic. I cannot see these on any part diagram.

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I just read on another forum that these maybe gps and the FM or AM radio antenna? No DAB? This is a gen 2 car. Would this be correct?

I’ll keep going here as I’m finding more out in other forums. The two crash sensors are the blue ones sitting left and right above the crash bar. The two I’m interested in, clearly are the GPS and maybe the AM Ariel or telephone prep. This is a gen 2 car with all the bells and whistles.

On plenty of other 997 photos, I simply do not see these two things ‘stuck’ in the crash bar like my car has. The glue is oem. Admittedly most photos are not gen 2. This is a totally stock car no changes.

Pretty sure the square unit is a GPS receiver, pic from my 2011 C2S for reference IMG_0509.JPG

Great picture thanks. Yes you have the same two I was interested in. The square one in the far right is actually magnetic(has a little bit of glue) and the other one next to it has its own ‘foam’ upstand. No idea what these are for… still researching!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back