Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Found myself 3.2 G50 at last

chris milner

Well it took some finding but finally got myself a 1989 61000 mile unmodified targa. Owned for the last 30 years by someone local and known to my Indy.
Hopefully get my hands on it Friday.
I was looking at manual to help to get to know the car and be able to do some basics. What the best? Any PDF versions around, I usually work from my iPad. Don’t mind paying👍
Cheers

Congratulations, your car sounds great, looking forward to seeing some photos.

These are the 2 books I have, the one I would definitely recommend is the Bentley book on the left, it's not cheap but very comprehensive. They do sometimes appear used on the Impact Bumpers forum or Ebay. The only thing it misses out on is the G50 gearbox rebuild, but does cover the G50 for clutches or engine/gearbox removal.

If you plan to do any work yourself it's worth the cost, it's my go to manual.

Bentley 101.jpg

Bentley back.jpg

cheers Eko, i've seen that one and thanks for confirming it's the one to get, I've just driven it home only 5 miles but just lovely and solid!

Reactions: BNC
Targas are the way forward. Congrats. Look forward to the pics👍

Congratulations, your car sounds great, looking forward to seeing some photos.

These are the 2 books I have, the one I would definitely recommend is the Bentley book on the left, it's not cheap but very comprehensive. They do sometimes appear used on the Impact Bumpers forum or Ebay. The only thing it misses out on is the G50 gearbox rebuild, but does cover the G50 for clutches or engine/gearbox removal.

If you plan to do any work yourself it's worth the cost, it's my go to manual.

View attachment 97724

View attachment 97725
Why is this book £170? 🤯

Why is this book £170? 🤯

Quality costs :)

Available here for less than £100. I was lucky and picked mine up used, even then I think I paid around £60.

Congratulations on the new purchase

Will look forward to seeing the pictures

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back