Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixing rust bubbles in the rear arch - body shop recommendations in near Woking/Guildford?

911_n000b

Hi all,

I'm looking to get some recommendations on body shops I could go to, to get my rear arch rust bubbles sorted. My Indy has informed me that the internal skin is too far gone for any stop gap fixes.

My car is a silver (surprise!) C2S and so I've been told that the paint work is going to be the difficult bit - especially blending it in at the haunch area.

I've had a quote from GT-One for a thorough inspection and very in-depth area specific repaint. While I loved the level of detail the tech described, the estimate (without metal work) came to 25% of the car's current market value. This involves taking the car back down to bare metal and a lot of dismantling and reassembly labour. While I appreciate the level of detail, and I love my car a lot, this level of investment is both a bit outside my budget and not in keeping with rest of the car with its stone chips in all the normal places.

I was wondering if there are body shops that you've used in the recent past to sort out similar or same rust issues and would recommend. If you could share what kind of prices I'd be looking to pay as well, then that would be very helpful!

Not in your neck of the woods but Google Proline in Earls Barton, the arches on my son’s E46 M3 had gone. They cut out the rusted sections, welded in new and the paint match for the silver metallic was superb. I also had my now 91,000 mile 997 C4 repainted by them, absolutely brilliant. They restored an old Bentley which won 56bd9ae6-1b22-49de-8d95-0c12b4d28f7d.jpegsecond in its class at Pebble beach concours 2 years ago. Have a looksie on their Facebook page. They also have a couple of courtesy cars.42ff1a96-dd79-48ed-99c1-217caa2cad35.jpeg9be07d51-0d61-4664-a18c-dc91bf6e8887.jpeg

Thank you for this - your 911 looks pristine! Did you do much research before landing on them?

Not in your neck of the woods but Google Proline in Earls Barton, the arches on my son’s E46 M3 had gone. They cut out the rusted sections, welded in new and the paint match for the silver metallic was superb. I also had my now 91,000 mile 997 C4 repainted by them, absolutely brilliant. They restored an old Bentley which won View attachment 96220second in its class at Pebble beach concours 2 years ago. Have a looksie on their Facebook page. They also have a couple of courtesy cars.View attachment 96218View attachment 96219

They do a lot of work for Wollaston Motorrad, who recommended them. We entrusted them with the work on my sons car which was flawless, when I got my 911 which had let’s say “patina” on it, it was a no brainer taking it to them. I would also add that they were 1/3 of the price of the highest quote I had, the highest quote being £18,000😳

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back