Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first porsche; thoughts anyone?

Been written off in the past, apparently

So Cat/C or D

917k said:
Been written off in the past, apparently

So Cat/C or D

Shame, how do you know?

Hi

I was also interested in this car as i have been looking for a 964 for a while. I don't normally post but tend to read up a fair bit on here. There are some great owners on here with some really useful knowledge.

When i spoke to the dealer he said it had 3 previous owners, which seamed low to me for a 22 year old car. He later mentioned after a bit of questioning that it was previously registered in Ireland.

A friend of mine who is in the motor trade was explaining to me the other day that when a car is exported and then registered in Ireland, if it is imported back to be registered with the DVLA, the history of the number of previous owners can be lost or changed.

I'm not sure how true that is and im not stating it as a fact but 3 owners seamed very low for a 22 year old car, especailly when the dealer told me the last owner (which i think he said was either a friend or buisness partner) had it for only 2 years.

I'm not saying this is a reason to not buy the car though, i just wanted the OP to know. Its still a 964 for 14k so if the body, engine and any repair work that might have happened has been done properly then it looks like a bargain.

Well............. Did you buy it?????

didnt do it

All, tx for advice etc

Went 8 days ago and all looked pretty promising
Checked with seller who indicated HPI clear (no cat c/d)

However ppi turned out quit bad (including bad repair from the past and lost of other things)

Looking around for another one now (lhd alos fine); so whenever someone heard / seen something let me know

cheers

My god a 3k price drop and the dealer is now saying a cat c, well done mr dealer, Now its starting to look cheap???

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleasedudley
Back