Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally found a nice 997 Turbo :)

Lovely OP.

Enjoy for the next few years as is and in the unlikely event you need more power 9e have a wonderful powerkit that gives you Ruf RT12 S pace on normal V power and Ruf RT 12 R pace on race fuel.

So 0-300kph in circa 25/26 secs and 22/23 secs respectively.

9e don't quote power but Ken sent me this recently which is dd power level on ordinary petrol like vpower over last 40k miles (96k in total). Pretty sure thats as much power or more than new 992 turbo s. Same 60-130mph time too and I bet perhaps more fun to drive being a manual :)

Attachments

• ae2ca149_94a8_44f7_99fd_fb07b416cef7_486.jpg
    ae2ca149_94a8_44f7_99fd_fb07b416cef7_486.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 778
guyvert1 said:
As its going to have 2yr warranty, I need to be good :) Although looking at the DSC modules I may be tempted !

My car had a DSCv1 on it when I renewed my warranty and has had a service before and since. It's only a 2 minute job to swap it in and out but I haven't bothered since i heard from someone that it's not something that can be picked up on the diagnostics.

Definitely get one, you won't regret it, especially in 'Sports' mode.

Thanks IMA, somehow as I get older I'm able to resist the temptation of the never ending quest for perfecting a car.

I know the 997 Turbo isn't the fastest or the best handling car if you look around at simpler priced cars, but as a package, for me right now, I'm going to be chuffed to bits for a long time :Dance-Tap:

They are amazing out of the box and in many ways I wish I'd left her stock as she was easily fast enough not sure what I was thinking! The one change you're looking at really does improve handling on our roads. Also a beautiful example like yours is going to be very sought after so best not to mess with her but nice to know the amazing mezger can handle circa 800PS+ out of the box (on racefuel MS109)which is so much more than people used to say when I was looking at buying one of these 15 years ago. I know you've had a few and used to read the threads :) Incredible power unit. Below on race fuel. Whats amazing is that Porsche stick that in a road car. So over engineered. Whats also incredible is that her 60-130mph is almost identical to her 100-150mph. Ken at 9e has the figures some where but I think her 150mph to 200mph is equally daft on to a top speed of 215mph. Only changed the turbos and a tune and exhaust! 8)

Attachments

• unadjustednonraw_thumb_ada6_337.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_ada6_337.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 716
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_ada7_132.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_ada7_132.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 716

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member