Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fancy a Copart Punt on a 996 turbo

Looking at it as it appears to have no damage I would guess that this is one that has been repaired by Insurance and rejected by the customer so the Insurance have had to buy it off them and pay them out.

Just a guess :dont know:

Or a 'stolen recovered' :dont know:

mattomg said:
..... Presuming it's not cat a or b or whatever it looks good. Interior looks more worn than the supposed milage but be interested to know whats the reserve ....

On the description it says that it's not 'recorded'.

It was taxed/mot'd not that long ago.

Low mileage too, only 64,000ish

Attachments

• screenshot_2022_03_22_204830_138.jpg
    screenshot_2022_03_22_204830_138.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,884
Interesting to know the story behind this one?

I know it's mainly a trade platform but what an absolute Palaver to register and bid on Copart.

Fees fees fees at every single touch point in the transaction. !!

Im not sure why anyone would want to deal with any of those salvage auctions. They are the biggest bunch of greedy,unhelpful,tricky,lying unreliable businesses you would ever meet. The only way you would ever win one of these auctions is if you pay too much. They are masters at catching out the novice. And pity help you if you ever have a problem. I am speaking from 40 years of experience.

...totally agree...son is in the trade...these sites will catch the unwary or others who underestimate the repair costs...avoid like the plague...

I spent many a year doing the rounds of the car breakers to keep my old sports cars on the road at a cost I could afford, a time when cars were piled one on top of the other, and pulling bits off teetering wrecks was not without it`s risks, but well worth it...It is a changed game for sure.

It is a decade or more since I visited a breakers yard, so things will have evolved, and Big Jock seems to have his finger on the pulse, I thought even more so after I watched this vid.. It is a tad slow and "American" but I suspect it provides an outline as to the evolution into aspects of the car parts business..and/or buying a cheap repairable...?

https://youtu.be/bcO_NgP17kI

Didn't meet the reserve but no idea what it was bid up too?

If the car was hiding something then fair enough but on the surface it looked like a relatively low mileage,no damage, straight car with s/history and a recent MOT.

Strange choice of auction house ?

Copart prices going high at moment also they are tricky at getting more out post auction end... not a platform of choice to buy from first time.

Copart sold a lot to eastern europe, I have been outbid three times on cars I was buying for spares. I did buy a van just before lock down. they also send things through several times

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back