Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exterior Door Trim Alignment

Justin Taylor

Hello everybody I'm a new member. I've recently purchased a 5 month old 992 GTS coupe and have noticed that the black gloss door trims do not line up with the gloss trims on the rear quarter panels.
Both doors look to be fitting correctly but the trims do not align. I have attached a couple of photos. Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks for your help with this.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7637.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7637.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail_IMG_7638.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7638.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
Mine are the same and tbh it’s the first time I’ve noticed it.

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Mine are the same and tbh it’s the first time I’ve noticed it.
Thank you very much for your message and the photos. My dealer has looked today at the three 911’s in his showroom and they all have misaligned trims to varying degrees. Your 911 looks great in guards red 👍

Justin, welcome to the Forum and to Porsche ownership. :)
Have this same issue on my 991.2 GT3.
The dealer has attempted to improve alignment on 2 separate occasions. Some minor improvement, but misalignment is still there.

this is very common across 991 and 992 and each car varies.
The reason is the tolerances between the mating parts and the setting of the door to achieve water sealing and closing effort. These are all in balance but vary car to car.
Dealers can adjust the door position using the hinge and latch but are limited.
To be honest its difficult to unsee it once you have noticed - a good reason to buy a black car :)

Hello everybody I'm a new member. I've recently purchased a 5 month old 992 GTS coupe and have noticed that the black gloss door trims do not line up with the gloss trims on the rear quarter panels.
Both doors look to be fitting correctly but the trims do not align. I have attached a couple of photos. Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks for your help with this.
for the value of the car, I know this is a know issue but will never should be a dealer quality fix issue when it's a factory problem

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back