Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust bypass options

T08yg

Trainee
Ive decided that this Christmas I'm going to treat myself to an exhaust bypass. I like the look and sound of the bypass carried out by Hayward and Scott, probably 1.5'

However I've just stumbled on the Fabspeed GT3 Cup Muffler bypass pipes (about half way down this page http://www.fabspeed.com/996_GT3.html ).

From what I can see, they completely remove the mufflers with the pipes going straight into the catalytic converters. The sound on the video is stunning, apparently they'll fit on any 996.

Does anyone know anything about these? Are they road legal in the UK? Are they simply too loud in the flesh? Are they easy to fit?

Not road legal (won't pass an MoT) and won't be allowed on most tracks either!

You'll probably end up deaf too!

It bypasses the whole muffler entirely (so you dump 62kgs of excess silencers from within the rear wings).

I have a 1" bridge bypass, or "Oettle-type", although all it is, is a mimic of the 1" OEM 996.1 PSE bypass, but without the on/off valving (although very early PSE or retro PSE may not have the valve actuation anyway). Done by H&S (Hayward and Scott in Basildon, Essex).

Here is asiangunner's car with H&S (and in the middle NO mufflers, so that is what the EuroCup pipes you found sound like):

Ah! I did wonder. It sounds like they are legal in the States. One hell of a sound.

I think a trip to Hayward & Scott is on the cards at some point. Unless my next service blows the budget!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back