Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Double Din replacement options and advice

Alex said:
No, you can fit a double din with cup holders. You just need to buy the facia kit for the Gen 2 996.

Thanks Alex - much appreciated.

Would love a link to one of these facia kits if anyone has one - I can only find ones which delete the cupholder

The Connect2 kit I bought (documented in the install link I posted above) came with 2 facias. 1 for the gen 1 & 1 for the gen 2 with cup holders. The one I got for the gen 2 was much thinner along the top and compensated for the cup holders.

Here's the eBay link. Message the seller and ask if it comes with the Gen 2 surround that allows for the cup holders:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23PO02...For-Porsche-911-TYP996-1998-2004/350615577362

Grateful, thanks Alex, will buy one now for the future!

Has anyone here fitted the PCCM plus option from Porsche?

I have the original PCCM equipment in my 2005 turbo and would like to keep it all standard but the cost is quite high from Porsche - £2,400 incl VAT...

I had an indy fit mine which saved nearly £1k on your price. Bought mine from OPC with PCGB discount.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back