Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Don't believe the Advisories - Take it to Centre Gravity

DucatiRob

Mugello
Just back from CG for a little suspension work, always an experience and I don't need to tell many on here how much they really know their stuff. They had fitted my Ohlins R&T a couple of years ago along with a bunch of other suspension components, full geo and corner weighting etc. The car was transformed and an absolute joy to drive.

I had a minor service at my local Indie before a Euro road trip last September (not a place I have ever had a great experience with in the past), they noted a bunch of advisories around the suspension/steering that was a little concerning, but the car was driving great so didn't bother to address any of them before the trip and had no problems.

Not driven the car much since, but booked it in to CG for a geo check and let them know about the advisories etc.

Outcome of the avisories:

1. Play in front dampers - need replacing
CG - Play in the shocks in monotube Ohlins dampers is normal when on a lift and not under load - No work needed.

2. Play in OSF inner track rod bearing
CG - No play in track rod - No work needed (these were new a couple of years ago and TRW parts - Porsche OEM

3. Rear top mounts collapsed
CG - Some wear in top mounts but fine - Had them replaced anyway

Work that did need doing, not picked up by the indie was the rear toe arms, something I should have replaced a couple of years ago.

The indie also noted that the front brake pipes from the calipers were corroding, I questioned this at the time as I had replaced all brake lines and pipes less than a year ago.!

I won't name the indie, very well known, but I certainly won't be going there again!

Some say CG are expensive, my bill today was very reasonable, less than expected and worth the drive for the peace of mind and great customer service :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
I won't name the indie, very well known, but I certainly won't be going there again!

That is some very poor advice you received from the indie :eek:

I see you are not too far from me in MK. I was thinking of using an indie near me soon, NE from High Wycombe, so any advice on looking elsewhere would be much appreciated!

TonyC911 said:
DucatiRob said:

I see you are not too far from me in MK. I was thinking of using an indie near me soon, NE from High Wycombe, so any advice on looking elsewhere would be much appreciated!

PM sent :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
TonyC911 said:
DucatiRob said:

Basically being not far from TonyC911 and, as per my recent post, I'm looking at indies for an imminent service so any advice on one to avoid would be most welcome. The one NE from High Wycombe is also on my list... :thumb:

squelch said:
DucatiRob said:
TonyC911 said:
DucatiRob said:

Basically being not far from TonyC911 and, as per my recent post, I'm looking at indies for an imminent service so any advice on one to avoid would be most welcome. The one NE from High Wycombe is also on my list... :thumb:

Have a look at JAZ, not to be confused with another similar sounding place, also NE of HW.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back