Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do you store your 911 in a single garage?

I put my 997.2 into my standard single garage virtually daily. The door opening is 7ft (2.13m) wide and the inside wall to wall width is 8ft (2.44m).
It's simply a matter of getting used to reversing in at a slight angle of approach through the door aiming the car towards the passenger side back corner of the garage. painting a white vertical line down this corner of the garage helps.
With a little practice it's easier than parallel parking because you have the wing mirrors to judge an even approach and later the mirror tips when 75% in.
As suggested already I have a thick piece of carpet fixed with battens to the wall adjacent to the driver door.
There is very adequate room to get in and out of my car this way

I used to store things above my old 968 that was until a bag of tent poles fell on its roof! It looked like a golf ball with all the little indents!

When we moved 6 years ago I told her who must be obeyed she could have anything as long as I got a linked double garage 👍

Single garage here. The main issue is the narrowest portion on our driveway is only just over 2m wide so it takes some careful maneuvering to get it through. So pleased to have it inside again now the builders have finished! Need to put up more shelves and repaint the floor. I'll get the measurements but I can get right the way round the car.

Attachments

• img_4103_165.jpg
    img_4103_165.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10,803
Ive just recently emptied my garage to stick the car in after a year of parking it outside, not sure how wide it is I will measure but it seems a normal single garage width. Bit of a squeeze but I will just get used to it, ive bought a door protector for the wall and one of those traffic light style sensors to go on the wall to give me warning before I hit the wall (any excuse for a gadget)...

Attachments

• 20170917_151317_1_1427x876_747.jpg
    20170917_151317_1_1427x876_747.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 10,758
  • 2017_09_23_210433_1885x873_145.jpg
    2017_09_23_210433_1885x873_145.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 10,758
911tom said:
36536238134_1329ad2ba8_k.jpg

Tom,

Can I ask where you got your Porsche lettering from?

Are they perspex or vinyl?

Mines is 2.9m wide and works fine. My advice is to use the garage to store the car and nothing else ( no clutter)IAs you have not had a garage previously, this should be quite easy for you.

Attachments

• img_4677_320.jpg
    img_4677_320.jpg
    949.4 KB · Views: 5,629
I'm normally not a fan of number plates but that is rather cool. Well done

FZP said:

Cheers,I agree,I've always said private plates are a waste of money and only for the vain. I took a lot of stick from friends and family when I bought theses two, but they made me laugh so I just couldn't resist!

Attachments

• img_4717_154.jpg
    img_4717_154.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 5,615
RJW1881 said:
Mines is 2.9m wide and works fine. My advice is to use the garage to store the car and nothing else ( no clutter)IAs you have not had a garage previously, this should be quite easy for you.

Now THAT is what I would like my garage to be like !!

It was for a while but gradually it accumulates the detritus of everyday life .... I had a purge last year but need to de clutter further!!

RJW1881 said:
FZP said:

Cheers,I agree,I've always said private plates are a waste of money and only for the vain. I took a lot of stick from friends and family when I bought theses two, but they made me laugh so I just couldn't resist!

Nice bike, what is it?

sim996 said:
RJW1881 said:
FZP said:

Nice bike, what is it?

It's a Buell XB12 (Harley Davidson 1200cc V twin) with loads of aftermarket trick bits. It sounds awesome.

Attachments

• img_6539_121.jpg
    img_6539_121.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,542
  • img_6540_137.jpg
    img_6540_137.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,542
FZP said:

Really, Its not cool at all, legally its TC05 LOW, I can make anything with a few bolts here and there and some illegal spacing.

Get a grip !! :thumb:

Boba fett said:
FZP said:

Really, Its not cool at all, legally its TC05 LOW, I can make anything with a few bolts here and there and some illegal spacing.

Get a grip !! :thumb:

Occasionally it invokes this type of response, but generally if you have a sense of humour it puts a smile on your face.

Some great info and inspiration here. Thanks all.

I will let you know how the house and hopefully 911 search goes!

jaymzz said:
Some great info and inspiration here. Thanks all.

I will let you know how the house and hopefully 911 search goes!

Love how you are choosing your next house around a 911 fitting. You'll fit in on this forum :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikolo55
Back