Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dark Knight - the Barn Find, gets Dry Iced

Harrie loves that car but is balls deep in saying he does not :cool:

Harrie, the NW....In fact, to pinch a quote from Sebastian Vettel.
Everyone is a Dark Knight fan. Even if they say they're not, they're a Dark Knight fan🥳🥳🥳🥳
A little short vid I came across that i thought was appropriate

Harrie, the NW....In fact, to pinch a quote from Sebastian Vettel.
Everyone is a Dark Knight fan. Even if they say they're not, they're a Dark Knight fan🥳🥳🥳🥳
Your more Joker than Dark Night

Don't worry Harrie, we all saw you drop your guard on Sat. We now know you love the wheels🥳🥳🥳

I predict harrie will be back in air-cooled this summer !

A throw back issue to the road trip was a broken door trigger on the passenger. I finally got round to ordering a new trigger.
£40 from D911.
Taking the handle off am aircooled car is a knuckle limiting affair. After getting the door card off, I noted no plastic liner, which I'll need to sort.
The lock came apart pretty easily, the only bother was the pin holding tge trigger. Not wanting to damage it at the last hurdle, a quick call to Zingari confirmed what I thought, only bravery was lacking.
20240215_150742.jpg

Punched the pin out and it went back together easily. The rain stopped me from putting the lock back into the car.
Some handly instructions I found below

Attachments

• Instructions (1).pdf
    9 MB · Views: 4
Just a quick update should anyone use the search function on door trigger replacement, a note for future diy'ers. The OE Match trigger isn't a perfect match. It's slightly to long and catches ever so slightly on the door lock barrel. You will need to grind it down to clear the barrel.
Back to others jobs. After fixing the passenger door lock, it was onto the drivers door. Someone prior to me has been let loose on the window switch harness. Thankfully, its replaceable, so last week I ordered it. PET wasn't clear as to which was the right one. Unfortunately OPC picked the wrong part number.
I'll be knocking up some new vapour barriers to stop the moisture hitting the door cards. I refuse to pat £70 for 2 sheets of plastic. @jonttt put me onto the butyl rope to act as the adhesive.
Seeing as I have the door cards off, I may as well update the speakers, so I'll research that topic tomorrow.

lot of speaker choice and the cabling will likely need a refresh as well

1709593954614.png

A few weeks back, I got DK onto the Porsche Classic Register. Popped into my local OPC, filled out a form. Job done.
This arrived in the post today, not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. There is a brochure and a metallic looking credit card looking thing with the cars details.20240308_124938.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good.

Had a quick check and by the sounds of it, you qualify for membership if your model hasn’t been produced for 10 or more years; everything up to and including the 997.

How much is the fee, if you don’t mind me asking ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back