Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cosmetic makeover - on point or on crack?

My thoughts - I think red would work better than orange, with a darker (smoke) gold. As for mods, the most cost effective would be some lowered springs, making a massive difference to the overall package, then some red highlights in the cabin, belts , console etc.

Thanks both, I'll have a play around with red. Agree about the gold though, I'll be going for a darker more retro/classic shade.

Thanks for the lowering tip, I'll definitely do that. They seem very good value and a lot cheaper than I'd thought, which ones do people go for, the Designtek ones are on sale at £170 plus vat. Are they straight forward to swap?

I bought a 997 shifter last night for when I fit the centre console delete. I fitted new speakers at the weekend too so it's being spoilt at the moment!

I do like those Tarmac wheels but they don't come in gold, spending is getting a bit out of hand though so new wheels will have to wait, especially as I'm finding it very difficult not to blow the budget on a ducktail.

Darker wheels definatly and i think you're right about the red too

Attachments

• gold_and_red_759.gif
    gold_and_red_759.gif
    881.8 KB · Views: 3,945
Style , colour and features are all subjective to each individual. What one thinks s good another thinks is rubbish.
For me, the two orange bumpers need to be "linked" in some way with other features like your original picture, otherwise it looks like a "mid repair" job.
As mentioned , wrap could do this for you and can easily be removed. :bye:

thanks, you're right and i suppose red would be easier to link as John suggested. I'm also planning to have the steering wheel retrimmed in alcantara so red stitching would work well.

I'm not good enough on photoshop but I'm planning on these decals in gold too.

Attachments

• decals_635.gif
    decals_635.gif
    273.8 KB · Views: 3,661
Regarding the wrapping. I was getting PP film put on the front of my car after having the bumper painted, but my detailer said the car has to sit for two weeks after painting to allow certain gases to escape, otherwise bubbles would appear between the film & bodywork. He is an accredited Gtechniq & Xpel PPF detailer so beware as you don't want to have to do it twice.

Maybe coloured mirrors also to tie in with the bumpers? They look a little lost on their own (just IMO).

Thanks chicb, no problem to wait a bit to make sure it's right.

Jpsh120, I'd thought of that, I'll have a look, thanks

Definitely moving towards red bumpers

Attachments

• img_2958_102.jpg
    img_2958_102.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 3,636
  • img_2957_511.jpg
    img_2957_511.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 3,636
I'm sorry but for me it just doesnt work.

Looks like its in primer waiting to be painted.

The subtle mods work best, things like aerokit, slightly lowered, some (discreet) graphics.

But each to his own, and if its your taste, try it. Its your car. Evrything is reversible, its only money.

Good luck

If you need something along the sides to tie in the front and rear bumpers have a chat with www.stickeredup4lemans he just did this bespoke stripe set for mine. He will send you a colour swatch so you can match the orange stripe to the bumpers if need be.

Attachments

• 5fd1b3c9_bdc7_49df_80dd_a91ccf6ed5c8_136.jpeg
    5fd1b3c9_bdc7_49df_80dd_a91ccf6ed5c8_136.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,627
I think the order to do things in would be:

- Lower it
- I like the gold wheels
- Re-photoshop it with the orange bumpers and see if you want to wrap them then

technically with all your proposed styling changes its the base colour or your car that becomes the problem i.e. red bumpers, gold wheels and gold decals..... with either black or white bodywork, would likely work (per the more "outlaw" style cars posted up)..... combination just doesn't work with seal grey....

my advice (for what it's worth i.e. nothing): either do nothing and drive the thing or go all out with a full whole body 2 colour wrap, plus the wheels and decals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back