Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant leak identification

ballast

Hi

I've got a coolant leak that only seems to occur when the engine is very hot (left idling for quite a while at the MOT this morning). I'm wondering/hoping someone can identify the part for me where I think the leak is coming from. It looks to be in a really difficult to access location, but then most things are!

Any guidance really appreciated.

On the pic, the top pipe with the clip (light blue arrow) seems to attach to a unit (dark blue arrow) which has a solid connector (presumably attached to the unit) within the yellow circle.

Can anyone shed any light please? Sorry about poor pic quality - underneath it, very hot and hot coolant...

Just to help with location/orientation, this is nearside rear, just in front of the rear axle looking directly upwards (effectively towards the coolant reservoir, but further back).

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• 996_leak__2_181.jpg
    996_leak__2_181.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 1,150
The pic quality is so poor, it's invisible.

Maybe if you cant post it here, post it elsewhere and link to it?

Sorry, couldn't attach it - flippin' thing. Now with a link (hopefully!!) to the pic...

At the bottom of a reply...

Filename - "Choose File". Browse for it. "Open"

Then "Add attachment"

then "submit".

EDIT - Ah, I see you've added a link to the first post now.

Is that not the OSV up there? It's the right location and made of plastic.

99610702651_1SM1.jpg

Thanks for your assistance identifying - so assume this is the oil separator (valve?). This has a coolant connection then (seemingly at the top)?

Thanks

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back