Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Connecting a Blackberry Music Gateway to a Becker Grand Prix

mohitos

Barcelona
Following the advice of Rialas, I have purchased a Blackberry Music Gateway and aim to connect it to my Becker Grand Prix.

Although the GP allows for bluetooth directly from my phone, this is restricted to phone calls only, and I would like to enable music streaming from my iPhone to the GP, rather than have to always plug it into the Becker Remote Kit / cable which lives in the glove box.

Here's what i've bought - it's Version 2 of the Music Gateway:

Worth noting how tiny the thing is:

The Music Gateway needs to be connected via an Audio cable jack (I can use either the 3.5mm to RCA cable or 3.5mm audio cable provided) and is powered by a micro USB port. I have purchased the following cable but just noticed it is a mini USB, not micro USB, so have now ordered a female mini USB to male micro USB adaptor:

This cable is 12V in and converts to 5V powering the mini USB.

The Music Gateway needs to be mounted somewhere within reach, as to pair a bluetooth device it is necessary to touch the button on the top.

I have decided to mount it under the dashboard, at the bottom edge, just to the left of the cigarette lighter. I'll use some adhesive velcro for the task.

So when the mini to micro USB adapter arrives, I will be ready to go.

My question is - what is the best way to connect this to the Becker Grand Prix ? If I understand Riales' previous postings, I will be able to connect my iPhone to the GP directly for phone calls, whilst simultaneously streaming sat nav instructions and music from the iPhone to Music Gateway.

Does anyone know what I can expect to see when I remove the Becker GP ? I would prefer to avoid surprises and have all the bits I need to hand when I do this.

Mainly, I am not sure how to connect the RCA's or 3.5mm jack. My GP is currently connected to the Nokia DSP so it may be that any RCA's are already taken up on the back of the GP to drive this ?

Any tips greatly appreciated !

This is the Becker Pin Out

Beckerwiring.jpg

There's no RCA's as such. You can add various adapters to the connector C3 to achieve an input as required.

In this case I think you need one of these.

blau8-rca_m.jpg

It does mean you lose any CD Changer or iPod Lead connections you had previously though.

Hi Stuart. Thanks for the pm. A piccy of my glovebox.

This is the cable you'll need for the blackbery.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=150787583737&index=11&nav=WATCHING&nid=77582375844

A usb apapter.

Buy a cheap halfords cigarette lighter, discard the lighter and it's illumination thingy. Plug in a usb adapter and get the correct usb cable or an all-in-one like mine.
Can't remeber the power output without pulling my stereo out but Doms pic shows pin number ---- (aeriel 12v). Connect the cig lighter to this pin.
I just snuggly tugged the positive into this terminal so I wouldn't cut into my loom.

Then set up the becker to aux-in rather than cd. I'll have to look that bit up.
Good luck.
Costa.

Oops.
Ignore my cigarette power/supply bits. Hadn't seen your dedicated power supply...nice (working from phone).

According to Doms pic, connect the power to terminal A-5 on the becker. The blackberry will automatically power up when you turn on the becker. No need to manually connect so you can hide it away if the mk2 works in the same way as the previous blackbery.

Gotcha. I've now ordered the cable on eBay and should be ready to go once it arrives :thumb:

It definitely needs to be mounted somewhere within reach. Any device will reconnect immediately the music gateway is powered up, but to pair a device for the first time, the button on the top needs to be touched.

:thumb:
That's why I left mine in the glovebox as you'll need to do it the first time you setup.
I'd bought a belkin bluetooth that needed pairing every single time it powered up and the sound quality was aweful.

You'll be impressed with the sound of this one. :thumb:

Happy new year to all.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back