Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BLUETOOTH QUESTION RE:HEADUNIT

ashtonjay

Trainee
I have attached a pic to further explain

i currently have my phone plugged into a usb socket so that i can have apple play in the car and listen to all my music on Spotify

my question is could i lose the lead at all if i bought some kind of bluetooth adapter/dongle?
idealy plugging the adapter into one of the 2 usb sockets shown then bluetooth my phone to the stereo and do away with the lead

obviously this would have to connect to the apple play in order to work

thanks people

Attachments

• porsche_dash_121.jpg
    porsche_dash_121.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 722
  • porsche_dash_743.jpg
    porsche_dash_743.jpg
  • porsche_dash_934.jpg
    porsche_dash_934.jpg
Does that head unit not have bluetooth built in?

If the unit supports CarPlay, you could look into the wireless CarPlay adaptors.

You need a wireless CarPlay adaptor to convert that head unit to use CarPlay without plugging it in. Unfortunately these adapters are not an apple or Pioneer thing, so apparently quality and reliability are quite variable. The pccm+ threads mention cplay2air, but some people have had issues with them
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carplay-Adapter-Cplay2air-Factory/dp/B09S3RCZ36/

Alex said:

It does, but most headunits don't support wireless CarPlay, so you loose all the pretty appleness if you just steam music over Bluetooth, as well as loosing some audio quality.

IUI675 said:
You need a wireless CarPlay adaptor to convert that head unit to use CarPlay without plugging it in. Unfortunately these adapters are not an apple or Pioneer thing, so apparently quality and reliability are quite variable. The pccm+ threads mention cplay2air, but some people have had issues with them
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carplay-Adapter-Cplay2air-Factory/dp/B09S3RCZ36/

Alex said:

It does, but most headunits don't support wireless CarPlay, so you loose all the pretty appleness if you just steam music over Bluetooth, as well as loosing some audio quality.

I have the Ottocast Wireless CarPlay Adapter https://amzn.eu/d/cjBGQHX. This is a newer version than the one I have but reliability has been pretty good in the 12 months I've had it installed. The USB box that comes out of the PCCM as well as the Ottocast are tucked away hidden out of sight behind my centre console. Imagine you could achieve something similar fairly easily.

For other suggestions there is a guy on YouTube who reviews these wireless CarPlay adapters. Have a look there for other suggestions.

HTH.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back