Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collect my 991.1 on Thursday!

First pic...

Attachments

• image_642.jpeg
    image_642.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 5,960
At home :D . Write up to follow...

Attachments

• image_163.jpeg
    image_163.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 5,954
Great looking car. Many congratulations. :thumb:

And now the endless grinning begins ....... :D

:thumbs: Very nice indeed and health to use fella.

That's stunning :thumb:

I've never noticed the splitter before on a 991 , really stands out on yours
:thumbs:

Rockunrolla said:
I've never noticed the splitter before on a 991 , really stands out on yours
:thumbs:

Splitter (or sports spoiler) can be bought separately for the standard bumper - cost me about £120 on my car, but certainly improves the look of the front end without sacrificing ground clearance.

Thanks, guys! Am doing 500 miles in it this weekend, so will report back next week! :thumb:

Simon991 said:
At home :D . Write up to follow...

:thumb:

Very nice Simon. Look forward to the write up.

Look a great, congrats and enjoy :thumb:

Nice!

Jealous! (seems like its going to be ages until I get mine :( )

Cheers, folks! :thumb:

Have now driven a further 200 miles this morning from Cheltenham to Kent, albeit mostly motorway. Super impressed!

Although will be dropping the car back to OPC next week with a minor couple of niggles regarding parking brake and steering.

I'll do a proper write up early next week... :)

Juddering

Hi. Regarding my 991.1 I've mentioned to my OPC about:

1. A kind of 'juddering' feeling when doing tight turns at low speed especially noticed when I drove the car out of its parking space from cold. Been told this is perfectly normal and is due to the wide tyres/track on the 911 and other Porsche sports cars?

2. A kind of 'grippy' mechanical feeling/effect when moving away having applied the parking brake at a junction or traffic lights etc. Didn't experience this on the Macan, nor on my previous Evoque, both of which had electronic parking brakes.

Any comments from you guys would be very welcome :thumb:

Re: Juddering

Simon991 said:
Hi. Regarding my 991.1 I've mentioned to my OPC about:

1. A kind of 'juddering' feeling when doing tight turns at low speed especially noticed when I drove the car out of its parking space from cold. Been told this is perfectly normal and is due to the wide tyres/track on the 911 and other Porsche sports cars?

2. A kind of 'grippy' mechanical feeling/effect when moving away having applied the parking brake at a junction or traffic lights etc. Didn't experience this on the Macan, nor on my previous Evoque, both of which had electronic parking brakes.

Any comments from you guys would be very welcome :thumb:

1. A function of the 911's steering geometry (non-Ackermann) - they all do this and it is quite normal, although a little disconcerting at first as it sounds like you have run over something or a wheel is about to fall off. :oops:

2. On a slope, there is hill hold type feature to stop the car rolling back when the handbrake is released. In my car, there is a slight grippy feeling because of this, but for no more than about 2-3 seconds.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Thanks, DRZ911.

That's made me feel better!

:thumb:

I will see if the 'grippy' feel only happens on a slope. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back