Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clicking Dash

hudat

Trainee
Hi Folks,
not posted for a while but been lurking away!!!

Couple of things to share and a question for you all....

I replaced my lower cam covers and gaskets this spring as following a very low mileage count last year, my lower cam covers went from an annoying drip that could be wiped from the inside of the engine cover to a few drips making it to the garage floor :evil:

Suffice to say I needed a cheap set of Umi nut extractors from Amazon to remove the cap screws as 90% of them were shot, but the main point to share was the copious use of black silicon seal that had been used to seal the gasket covers (see pics). Honestly, for the price of the seals at £22 each, why would you even consider this! I've never done the cam covers in my ownership (12 years) so it clearly worked for a previous owner but still.....

Anyway, question for the masses: I have a clicking noise behind the passenger side of the dashboard, not a whirring CCU fan noise but a clicking. It's not related to fan speed or CCU use. CCU is working fine, all fan speeds are good and temperature is functioning (no AC in my car by the way) I've searched and searched but not found anything other than a possible vacuum issue maybe? No power losses supporting the possible vacuum leak hence at a bit of a loss...

Ideas and comments appreciated.... ('94 993 C2 by the way)

Attachments

• umi_nut_extractor_505.jpg
    umi_nut_extractor_505.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 502
  • img_2265_138.jpg
    img_2265_138.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 502
I think the rear spoiler control unit might be behind the dash on the passenger side? That might have relays in it that click?

Roof control unit too if you have a cab?

A993LAD said:
I think the rear spoiler control unit might be behind the dash on the passenger side? That might have relays in it that click?

Roof control unit too if you have a cab?

Ahha! I have a coupe but also an RS spoiler so perhaps something not disconnected? Much appreciated......

hudat said:
black silicon seal that had been used to seal the gasket covers ...
...why would you even consider this...
I've never done the cam covers in my ownership (12 years) so it clearly worked...

I think you answered your own question there! (Not that it sounds exactly "factory")

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back