Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clean wheels

Mark Vine

Trainee
There is something rewarding when you have cleaned the callers and rear of the wheel rims, it makes the car look so much cleaner.

Attachments

• img_20230411_133716_952.jpg
    img_20230411_133716_952.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 677
  • img_20230411_133758_159.jpg
    img_20230411_133758_159.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 677
...and the finishing touch...remove the old wheel weight adhesive :thumbs:

GMG said:
...and the finishing touch...remove the old wheel weight adhesive :thumbs:

:yeah:

And then a good T-cut and wax.

mWJ7SYq.jpg

Very nice what did you use.

Ah - someone else has this disease... I thought I was the only one... :thumb:

Cracking, 3 coats of poor boys on mine twice a year 👍

berni29 said:
Very nice what did you use.

I've used rubbing alcohol, panel wipe or even a glue & tar remover to good effect on the old adhesive. Also worth using some old clay bar on the wheel barrel before polishing, if you have some!

I'm currently a fan of Gyeon Wet Coat as a sealant for my wheels, really easy to apply after washing.

Have fun! :thumb:

Did this a couple of years ago, I pressure washed and used some Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner to desolve the iron deposits. Then used tar remover to get bits of tar and wd40 to get the old wheel weight adhesive off. Followed by a good clay barring to remove and leftover deposits and finally a polish and wax.

There are no wheel weights in the picture as this was prior to taking the wheels to get some new tyres fitted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back