Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Check Engine Light - Orange

Jam911

Albert Park
My car has been off the road for over 12 months.

In that time I have started it every month and warmed it up to temp.

In the last few months when warming up the Check Engine Light - Flashing Orange comes on.

I am hoping it is due the fact that the car hasn't been taken for a proper drive for ages and when it is back on the road a bit of Italian Tuning will get rid of the Check Engine Light message.

And maybe the MAF sensor will need a clean

What is the Forums opinion please?

Get a cheap dongle and 'Car Scanner' App.

I'd not have gone with starting every month personally. Too late now. Everyone has their own views on the merits of non-movement warming up though.

Run some OBD, might be picked up for the sake of a score.

Saw your OBD thread, should say spending that sort of money you have a good chance of pinpointing faults before you move her in earnest. Report back!

I had a similar thing happen, turned out to be a tiny crack in a coil which would let moisture in periodically...

I just changed all coils and plugs and it never happened again

When it has been happening has it been recently raining?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back