Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R 2012 Lost the use of Clutch

ipsl

Silverstone
Hi guys i have a Cayman R 2012 ..Had here for 5 years no problems untill Monday, I lost all my gears ...Gear stick would only go up or down.CANT CHANGE GEAR...Cut long story short,,No REVERSE as well..BEEN told cable gone/SNAPPED ON TO CLUTCH..ANY ONE GOT IDEAS...BEEN TOLD I NEED A NEW CLUTCHLINK KIT to be fitted..xx Or LINKAGE...

Not uncommon......I think Porsche upgraded them ie the replacement part is better than the original (from memory) and there is an 'upgrade" option, search numeric racing :thumb:

ipsl said:
Hi guys i have a Cayman R 2012 ..Had here for 5 years no problems untill Monday, I lost all my gears ...Gear stick would only go up or down.CANT CHANGE GEAR...Cut long story short,,No REVERSE as well..BEEN told cable gone/SNAPPED ON TO CLUTCH..ANY ONE GOT IDEAS...BEEN TOLD I NEED A NEW CLUTCHLINK KIT to be fitted..xx Or LINKAGE...

It is a common thing. the linkage sits behind the rear wheel which gets wet and the plastic cup cracks popping the linkage off.. there are things you can buy to keep the linkage attached for around £100.

Have new cables and invest in them is what my partner did for her Boxster. :thumb:

Its the silver part around the linkage..

Attachments

• 987_linkage_106.jpg
    987_linkage_106.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,278
When the cables go, it's usually the actual cable snapping. not the cup on the end popping. Ask me how I know!

OK, I'll tell you. I had those clamps fitted. And then a little while later my cable snapped.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back