Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CARBON FOLDING BUCKETS HEIGHT PROBLEM

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi All
I have a set of carbon folding bucket seats to put in my 997, the problem I have is I am a short ass (5,6).

With these seats, I sit too low in the car for my liking. With the 18-way adjustable seat, I have them on the highest setting.

The ideal solution would be to take the electrical subframe from a carbon 918 seat and fit it to the carbon folding bucket seat.

But it won't fit as the 918 seat has a smaller width on the mounting areas, I could sell the seats and get some 918 seats but they are way too much £££.
I am thinking if I could obtain an electrical comfort seat and see if I could use the subframe out of that seat?

Or pack the brackets up on the standard seat, but would like to be able to adjust the height still.

Has anyone else come across this problem or know of any subframe that fits a 997?

Any input is welcome.

:thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• capture_477.jpg
    capture_477.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 762
  • capture_2_122.jpg
    capture_2_122.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 761
Haha SWMBO just chucks a big seat cushion in! I sit too high in them :grin:

A couple of the US tuners make a set of rails to lower them from stock so worth a look or an ask to see if they could do the same to raise them a bit.

Cheaper option would be to stack some additional hi density foam underneath your cushion. Like a cut down gym/yoga mat.

I'm 169cm and I'm not short! I'm not tall either :dont know:

I have the 18-way Sports Seats, however, on the lowest setting and would prefer lower if I could. As others have suggested, extra foam in the base. Probably by replacing with firmer foam, and more of it. That should get you an additional few centimetres.

I'm 6'2 but I have long legs and the folding carbon buckets are perfect for me.

OP IIRC there isn't much price difference between the fixed buckets and the folding buckets on the secondary market so you may be able to swap them for not much.

Hi All
I have a set of carbon folding bucket seats to put in my 997, the problem I have is I am a short ass (5,6).

With these seats, I sit too low in the car for my liking. With the 18-way adjustable seat, I have them on the highest setting.

The ideal solution would be to take the electrical subframe from a carbon 918 seat and fit it to the carbon folding bucket seat.

But it won't fit as the 918 seat has a smaller width on the mounting areas, I could sell the seats and get some 918 seats but they are way too much £££.
I am thinking if I could obtain an electrical comfort seat and see if I could use the subframe out of that seat?

Or pack the brackets up on the standard seat, but would like to be able to adjust the height still.

Has anyone else come across this problem or know of any subframe that fits a 997?

Any input is welcome.

:thumb: :thumb:
Hi if you consider selling your buckets please let me know and I’ll buy them and swap out my comfort seats, thanks

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back