Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can''t find my insurer what to do.

wilpert

Indianapolis
Sorry this is non Porsche but having recently bought a new Porsche 911, I thought I'd add this to my Land Rover policy.

This has turned into a fiasco to say the least.
I couldn't find who I'd insured the other car with. I know I bought a policy online but I can't find who with.
So I somehow managed to look online and confirm that the car is in fact insured but I don't know who with.

Is there a way of tracing this. I've looked at my emails and bank statements and I just can't find it.
Yes I know I'm a twerp but I get so many emails and stuff for work and most are Insurance related as we are repair contractors for flood damage etc. so it's not an easy search.

Any pointers welcomed.

Presumably you have access to online banking and can go back through the statements around the month you believe you last insured it?

If not, askMID Roadside - pay the ~£4 I think it is.....
https://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx

I admit I've never actually done this - but I do know that it gives you the 'third party insurer' (your insurer in this case).

If you download VehicleSmart - the app - and pay the ~£4 for the full version, you can add vehicles to your garage and get loads of notes, reminders, the lot, to help you manage this stuff.

Drive in to someone else. Their Insurance company will soon be on to yours and they'll make you aware who you're with.

Insurers share this information via a central database (Motor Insurance Database - MID), maybe a call to one on the pretence of a new quote, perhaps they might share your current insurer name?

Thanks arry,

I'll be on to that tomorrow. It's well worth 4 quid to sort my dramas.
I'll let you know the outcome.

👍

Alex said:
Drive in to someone else. Their Insurance company will soon be on to yours and they'll make you aware who you're with.

:worship:

:grin:

I had a similar problem a while ago... tracked it down in the end by searching for emails containing the car reg number.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back