Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can somebody please talk me out of buying a Cayenne Turbo S

Ive seen a few with LPG, check out Ebay, just type in LPG cars and see what comes up.

JohnnyDangerous said:
Ive seen a few with LPG, check out Ebay, just type in LPG cars and see what comes up.

They will be the ones that aren't running sweetly.

Get your self a G-wagon! :thumb:
It is nowhere close to 500hp, but has torque and style. 8)

I put some more fuel in today, as it had been more than1 day and 20 miles since I last topped up.

Works out at 29.7 pence per mile.

:BDSM:

The wife will be changing her Chelsea tractor in the next 12 months (X5). If she goes with another one it will be 4 X5's on the trot. She's recently been asking me about the new shape Cayenne's and I've got to say they are a lovely car nowadays.

The e-hybrid will be the one I'll push her towards as most of her journeys are less than 20km which could see her first tank of diesel lasting the entire of her ownership as long as she pootles around!

Pete -- Can you get spinners on those alloys :dont know:

I've now caught the bug but I've been looking at the diesel version :oops:

PeterS said:
ragpicker said:
...."as most of her journeys are less than 20km ......

Does she not travel in this country?

We're still on miles.

Haha, aye! I was reading porsche website and the descriptors use km, so it obviously stuck!

Anyway, miles, km or leagues, she doesn't go far enough to warrant any sort of 4x4, let alone change it frequently! :frustrated:

I'll keep my mouth shut though because she doesn't really bat an eyelid when the shoe is on the other foot...

Waz said:

Great link Waz.

A taster for those who haven't clicked it.

2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S is the world's most insanely powerful and quietly refined SUV. It was still more powerful than anything from Porsche in 2007, 2008, 2011 or 2012, and today is still more powerful than the (standard) 2014 Turbo model!

How powerful is it? It's the most powerful V8 on the planet, and far more powerful than most V-10s and V-12s. For instance, the $300,000 2011 Bentley Mulsanne's 6.75L V8 only wheezes out 505 HP. The $412,000 2008 Rolls Royce Phantom Drop head Coupe's 6.75l V-12 has only 453 hp, and the 2008 V-12 bi turbo Mercedes SL600 only has 510 hp. (At least the 6.75l 12-cylinder Rolls has the same torque, but only at a lower RPM.) The 2007 BMW B7 Alpine has only 500 hp and 516 ft-lb of torque from its blown V-8, while the once mighty 2008 Mercedes S63 has only 518 hp and a measly 465 ft-lbs of torque. The 2008 Bentley Carnage T barely makes 500 hp from it's 6.75l engine, also with twin turbo's, but the $338,085 2008 Bentley Azure only makes 450 hp from its 6.75L twin-turbo V-8. Most of these other cars will cost you a quarter million dollars or more, but not the 2006 Cayenne Turbo S, with over three times the power of a full military HMMWV Hummer H1!

ragpicker said:
Anyway, miles, km or leagues, she doesn't go far enough to warrant any sort of 4x4, let alone change it frequently! :frustrated:

Nor do I. Man Maths is required to justify it.

Zingers, the diesel is for woofters.

Turbo S is AWESOME.

It's attraction is its insanity.

(I bit like Waz, I suppose!)

:D

I had a diesel loaner for a few days and I have to say it was awesome. My passengers loved the high position, the luxurious surroundings, the panoramic sunroof, the effortless urge, the limousine ride and refinement. For them, a well specced diesel would be the obvious (or least insane) choice for a luxo-barge :thumb:

But sod that, if you can justify buying a huge tank then you may as well go the whole hog and get the utterly ridiculous turbo s - that's the one I'll be getting... :grin:

We've just bought a new diesel v6 Cayenne. I actually wanted a Panamera but didn't want to buy the current shape with the new one due imminently, so reluctantly agreed with the Mrs who wanted a 4x4. Ours is heavily optioned with pretty much all the toys which does bump the price up to pretty much the same as the Panamera V8 I was speccing.

As much as I tried, even with the application of a healthy amount of man maths, I could not afford the turbo but I needn't of worried because of the diesel is brilliant, for all the reasons Chimp quotes. I'd really like to try the V8 diesel as that engine is meant to be epic.

thebig25 said:
We've just bought a new diesel v6 Cayenne. I actually wanted a Panamera but didn't want to buy the current shape with the new one due imminently, so reluctantly agreed with the Mrs who wanted a 4x4. Ours is heavily optioned with pretty much all the toys which does bump the price up to pretty much the same as the Panamera V8 I was speccing.

As much as I tried, even with the application of a healthy amount of man maths, I could not afford the turbo but I needn't of worried because of the diesel is brilliant, for all the reasons Chimp quotes. I'd really like to try the V8 diesel as that engine is meant to be epic.

Which options would you say are the most worthwhile?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back