Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabin filter clip? Metal or plastic?

spinnaker

Hockenheim
So I replaced my 2005 997.1 C2S cabin/pollen filter the other day and did this after watching one of the many Youtube clips as guidance.

When I lifted the ahem... foamy flap... to remove the old filter my car doesn't have a clip holding it in place unlike the videos I had watched.

It seems that most cars have an aluminium clip which screws in place whereas when I do a search on Design911 it recommends some sort of plastic clip (99757286201) that slides on?

The aluminium screw in frame is shown at 1m29s in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGy_KUbmZg

Whereas the plastic clip thing is shown at 2m01s in this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEjVKjZo8Ng

What do you guys have on your cars?

Should I just get the plastic clip or go for the metal frame that screws in? I'm struggling to get a conclusive answer!

Metal clip here - looking at the two vids I'm guessing either the plastic clip is the newer part, or the metal clip is only for PASM cars to mount one of the cables into.

The metal clip needs the 4 x T30 torx screws, so needs the corresponding captive nuts / brackets to screw into. If you do not have these, then I'd think the plastic clip is the only option?

Interesting, thanks for that! My car is a non-PASM car from the factory so possibly the case. It does look like a robust frame just to hold a cabin filter in place. Although interesting that the plastic clip is the only bit that Design911 proposes for my car and it wouldn't know about the non-PASM spec.

I'll search around on the plastic clip part number and see what I can find. Cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back