Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S - Warning Triangle and Triangle Tyre Compressor

AL Patrick

So after a month at 911SBD my Cat N C4S is back on the road - Gee and the team did a brilliant job across the car from the body work and paint job through to straightening the chassis out along with a whole lot of maintenance work:

New Alternator,
New Plugs
Replaced the IMS and the triangle flange just below it
New clutch
New top / lower arms for the o/s rear
New rear coolant pipes
Oil, Water and Brake fluids
New rear cross member / bar
amongst other things...

And since having it at home...
New Fan A/C switches
Sony Car Play (plus removal of the CD and DVD changer buying back some drunk space)
Zunsport grills

Along with new discs and pads and undertrays still to go, so will only need tyres at some point...

So now I'm trying to collect all the missing bits that you ordinarily get with the car like Owners Manual and wallet, Pen (nerdy I know but there are there the are grips in the glove box) and so on...

The thing I'm having trouble with is the tyre compressor...

I bought what I thought was the standard air compressor of eBay - the little grey box - but it doesn't fit in the triangle recess in the bottom of the frunk! A quick google shows there are triangle shaped compressors for GT2's so I presuming it's one of those? Can someone send a picture of it located in their frunk please?

Also, I've bought an original Porsche warning triangle but again I can't figure out where it's supposed to be located as unlike the C2's there are no plastic slots that it fits into?

Again any photos of another C4S frunk would really help.

Lastly are there any local club meets in the North London area?

See pics. This is my 997.1 C4S

The compressor and sealing compound were missing when I bought the car several years ago but the seller (trader) replaced them no quibbles. I assumed he bought them from Porsche OPC because of the shape but don't know for sure.
I've never had the occasion to use them but have replaced the sealing compound when it was past its useable date.

I never had a triangle in the car....aren't they only mandatory in Europe?

Attachments

• img_0776_129.jpeg
    img_0776_129.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • img_0777_506.jpeg
    img_0777_506.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,349
Ah brilliant - thanks for sharing these pics v useful - how bizarre they made a different shaped compressor just to fit the C4!

I've never used a compressor in all previous cars but its just nice to have all the original bits with the car. I'll have hunt on ebay - I don't suppose you could give me the 997 part number?

You're right re: triangles and Europe, I've always just kept one, plus first aid kit, Hi-Vis vests etc. in the car out of habit now.

Great forum!

Part number is on the bottom corner of the compressor label if you blow up the picture. It's 997.652.057.00

I also looked in the well that the compressor sits in and a slightly different number is stamped on the metal frame 997 501 579 00

It may be that the one put into my car as a replacement was an after market part , but don't have the info...good luck.

Brilliant thank you Porschekit - 997.652.057.00 is the right part number and from a bit of googling they're pretty rare and therefore expensive compared to the standard compressor - one on US eBay is up for $300! - one of those things I'll have to keep my eye out for.

From the looks of the pics yours is genuine and probably original

My warning triangle has plastic hooks clipped into it. It sits on the floor and the hooks go under the edge of the carpet.

I couldn't work it out until it came back from the OPC service in situ.

Richard

Thanks Rick - yeah I spotted that on a few Autotrader Ads (a useful source of spot the difference) and have started a search for the little clips, another item added to the list :roll:

My 997.2 has no fixings for the warning triangle. I bought one for a general motoring shop and fixed velcro tabs to the case it came in and then attached it to the front of the boot floor.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back