Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C of G and Chipwizards road trip

912Polo said:
BobbyT said:
912Polo said:
Bob I am there before you on the 9th but could still be there if a lot needs doing.

Mike

Fingers crossed that I don't see you then, for your sake. :D

How did you get on Bobby as think you were there today

Picking her up today, she had Pete all to herself yesterday.
I had a detailed update from Pete last night, all the bits have been fitted with the Geo set up the main task for today.

Will update when i get her home tonight.

Cheers
B

BobbyT said:
912Polo said:
BobbyT said:
912Polo said:
Bob I am there before you on the 9th but could still be there if a lot needs doing.

Mike

I had a detailed update from Pete last night, all the bits have been fitted with the Geo set up the main task for today.

Cheers
B

As they had an office and internet I spent the day there on the false promise I would work when in effect I spent the day with Pete under the car which was far more enjoyable than a day on Teams meetings :pc: :pc: :grin: :grin:

One thing I may do as advised by Pete is go for a Front Shock Tower Brace either by RUF or Porsche. Pete was telling me if you put a camera on the bonnet to wing shut line you will see it open up when cornering.

Cheers

Mike

912Polo said:
BobbyT said:
912Polo said:
BobbyT said:
912Polo said:

Mike

Cheers
B

As they had an office and internet I spent the day there on the false promise I would work when in effect I spent the day with Pete under the car which was far more enjoyable than a day on Teams meetings :pc: :pc: :grin: :grin:

One thing I may do as advised by Pete is go for a Front Shock Tower Brace either by RUF or Porsche. Pete was telling me if you put a camera on the bonnet to wing shut line you will see it open up when cornering.

Cheers

Mike

I did spend a fair amount of time with Pete, but as he needed the car for a couple of days I took their Fiesta loan car and spent a day visiting old colleagues in Corby and a day with my lad in Leicester, so good use of time.

btw couldn't believe the loan car with ST styling was only a 1 litre 3 cylinder model.

Pete was, like everyone else has said, a great bloke to spend some time with. He clearly knows his stuff. I've gone for the Koni and MO33 set up and wanted to keep it as standard as possible, even so Pete tells me she is sitting about 15mm lower than on the old kit but doesn't look too rude boy.

As expected there were a couple of extra bits that needed doing, rear mounts and a couple of bushes. Pete explained why these needed doing so happy with result.

Not sure what a Front Shock Tower Brace does, Pete didn't recommend it to me. Anyway there are plenty of other things on the to do list for now.

The ride home was some much better, no more juddering and she points in a straight line now too.

Cheers
B

Bob sounds like a good couple of days. Essentially he told me on the strut brace was a good idea and will get some confirmation of him but I probably wouldn't notice the difference when on the road. I am looking at the Koni dampers for my next visit so interested to see what you think after a while of running with them. :thumb:

912Polo said:
Bob sounds like a good couple of days. Essentially he told me on the strut brace was a good idea and will get some confirmation of him but I probably wouldn't notice the difference when on the road. I am looking at the Koni dampers for my next visit so interested to see what you think after a while of running with them. :thumb:

I have the Koni Shocks with M033 springs, fully geo'd by CoG a few months ago - I'd definitely recommend the Koni's for road driving, can't really fault them. I bought the full kit from Gert at Carnewal, the best value I could find.

I also have the Heigo strut brace, again from Gert, even on the road the front of the car feels more connected and rigid. Definitely noticeable.

I installed the steering rack brace earlier in the year while replacing the rack bushes. On the LHD car fitment is very easy as all the power steering fluid pipes are out of the way, even Chris and Pete said the LHD rack looked a lot tidier than the RHD ones they're used to seeing! I do feel a little more feedback in the steering wheel than before on 17's which suits me but not everyone.

All good mods IMO :thumb:

Attachments

• img_9255_157.jpeg
    img_9255_157.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,151
  • img_9171_203.jpeg
    img_9171_203.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,151
  • img_9168_592.jpeg
    img_9168_592.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,151
Yesterday I went to Chipwizards and met Wayne. I only booked a pre-inspection slot so he hasn't remapped the car yet. Only thing of note is that the Lambda sensor is not working at low revs and needs replacing. He said everything is on correctly and in the right place (apparently he finds HT leads are fitted incorrectly)

The good news is that even after 185,000 miles the car is running 280.7bhp so its lost none of its horses and gained a little from factory spec. Wayne said he can't really increase BHP dramatically but what he can do is smooth out the rev range and certainly improve the pick up. All I need to do now is replace the Lambda sensor Is it an easy task - I have heard they can be a bit of a bum to shift :?:

Copy of the read out below - It will be interesting to see what it returns once it has had the full remap

50408466467_aa04ef7a65_c.jpg

Indeed the lambda sensor can be truly stuck. As it's kaput at least you can wack a well filling socket on it.Kroil seems to work well,best releasing agent I've used, a good soak and then plenty of heat. I'm sure Wayne will get a few more horses out of it but the most noticeable thing for me was improved throttle response, smoother acceleration and much stronger midrange torque.

Any of you noticed more exhaust pops & bangs when coming off throttle after the remaps ?

ehcsrop said:
Any of you noticed more exhaust pops & bangs when coming off throttle after the remaps ?
Not with mine until I changed the silencers. The remap was done with Fabspeed mufflers which have no restrictions and are slighlty larger bore than std. The silencers I modified are std apart from a small internal mod which removed some restrictions but kept the internal baffle plate. It's quieter especially cruising but does pop and crackle more on overun.
Wayne is not keen on pops and bangs.

ehcsrop said:

Yep.

ehcsrop said:
Yes, but not too regular to make it concerning. My mufflers had the RSR mod done by Gert at Carnewal, together with HJS 200 cell cats. The remap was done by Wayne at Chip Wizards, I also got the impression that he is not keen on pops and bangs.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back