Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a 997 - inspection imperative?

911sy

Hi Guys

I've found a 997, just what I'm after, after months of searching!
However, issue is...the car is currently on SORN. The seller (who has a car garage but car is at his house, as it's his own), is reluctant to take it to a local garage to get it checked over on a ramp by Sam Lander.

From the images, aesthetically the car looks in excellent condition. It's only done 44k miles, 2 owners and it was his weekend car.

Sam has said he can go over and do an inspection but obviously without being on a ramp it won't show us everything.

Do you think it's worth the risk or wait until lockdown is over? The car is at a good price I'd say at £22.5k and as mentioned above it's exactly what I'm after.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

I presume its a .1 so borescope will be required..........I think a competent mechanic who knows these cars and what he's looking for will be able to inspect it on a driveway with a jack ie thats what the mobile inspectors do.........a ramp just makes it easier

Oh, T8 moved the silly post from a noob, nothing to see here.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back