Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bu@@er my gen2 C4S is broken, update now healed itself lol

Glad your car is ok Phil.

I had a Hartech gen 1 997 and I loved it but I think the gen 2 997 is a better car and will prove to be a better long term bet unless the gen 1has already been rebuilt by somebody that knows what they are doing . I think the gen 2is generally better built all round and handles better in long quick corners .
I miss the sound of the M97 though.

My gen 1 had a RPM technik csr lwf and RSS engine mounts fitted .
I loved it and it definitely reved quicker and also was great to heel and toe .
If you use mounts that are to stiff you will notice an increase in nvh mainly around 3000rpm but not to bad unless you use ones that are stupidly stiff.
The less rattles in the car to start with particularly the exhaust and seat belts the less obvious it was . If I only used the car I would have it fitted every time but my gf hated it .

Seeing the mods you have done in the past Phil I think you will love the lwf but each to their own .

Nimrod said:
Glad your car is ok Phil.

I had a Hartech gen 1 997 and I loved it but I think the gen 2 997 is a better car and will prove to be a better long term bet unless the gen 1has already been rebuilt by somebody that knows what they are doing . I think the gen 2is generally better built all round and handles better in long quick corners .
I miss the sound of the M97 though.

My gen 1 had a RPM technik csr lwf and RSS engine mounts fitted .
I loved it and it definitely reved quicker and also was great to heel and toe .
If you use mounts that are to stiff you will notice an increase in nvh mainly around 3000rpm but not to bad unless you use ones that are stupidly stiff.
The less rattles in the car to start with particularly the exhaust and seat belts the less obvious it was . If I only used the car I would have it fitted every time but my gf hated it .

Seeing the mods you have done in the past Phil I think you will love the lwf but each to their own .

Thanks mate ,
What was your impression of NVH Chatter with the LWF and I have read its much easier to stall with the LWF , I was happy to add anything to the gen1 as it lent itself more to things than the gen2. The gen1 was more focussed and aggresive to start with as you say with the m97.
I have found I have to be more careful with what I do to the gen2 as the whole car is more refined and smooth and as such doesnt lend itself so easily to some of the harsher more track focussed mods . this is only my opinion and its not stopping me doing things, I just need to do more research and look at reviews and all the options first . :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back