Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Body shop recommendations for N Essex / Sth Suffolk

JonnyG

Silverstone
My 96 Targa has started to show a little paint blistering classically near the bottom corners of the front screen. I'm new to the Suffolk are (nr Needham Market) and wondered if anyone can recommend a body shop in the area. Ingenium Classics (Raydon, Essex) have been suggested but it would be great to have some personal recommendations. Ideally it would be great to be able to use someone with the experience of Glassman to remove and refit the screen.

Thanks folks 👍

ive worked with a company called Rackhams in Ipswich, old school values and will do a good job.

Might be a bit for for you?

Cheers

No prior experience yet, Terry from Autostrasse who looks after my 993 recommended a place called ACS Spray Shop just off the A120 just before Braintree (Bradwell if I remember correctly).

Barr-Tech in Cambridge did a bare-metal respray on my 993, very happy with the work but not cheap. They are next to Cambridge North train station, so handy for dropping the car off and then travelling on somewhere. Oh, and Glasstec Paul removed and re-fitted all the glass.

Paul Stephens are near Sudbury.

Not sure if they do small jobs like that.

Wayne green in Bury St Edmunds, he has done work on my 996 and fellow Tipec club members with no complaints. Wayne does a lot of top end cars and classics and is a complete petrol head. Would not recommend rackhams, I have a factory just down the road from them. Their staff seem to enjoy test driving customers cars at silly speeds on an industrial estate which has a 20mph speed limit.

Leosayer said:
Paul Stephens are near Sudbury.

Not sure if they do small jobs like that.

Unless things have changed I dont think Paul Stephens do their own bodywork. I believe they used to use Clarke & Carter nearby, who are great but definitely not cheap!

I have used Clarke & Carter but it was some years ago. There we no real repairs all I needed was a part respray where some loon had damaged the paint work while trying to do a car detailing.
Clarke & Carter matched the colour perfectly, I was very pleased with the work they did on my car, but as said they were not cheap.
They are a fascinating place to visit, a lot of nice cars, including the older Rolls and Bentley for which they make body panels if required for a restoration.

Michael

If Southend-on-Sea is within range, you won't get better than Sportwagen. Might be pricey.

Thanks folks, a range of options which basically makes me think that I need to do some more research and visit a few businesses 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back