Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth/streaming options in 997.1

Jason Taylor

Montreal
I currently have no kit fitted to allow streaming and Bluetooth in my car, I had a Mobridge kit fitted in a previous car which seemed to integrate well enough with the pcm and appeared pretty much Oem which is what I'm trying to achieve, are they're any better options available? I've been away from Porsche ownership for a few years so I'm not completely upto speed with what's available, any help would be much appreciated.

I have seen this unit which seems to do the trick but seems a bit cheap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324605571606

TIA

I had that unit in my 996.2 and then moved it to my 997.1. It worked fine. It replaces your multi-Cd function. If you haven't got one you need someone with appropriate kit to code it as having a multi-CD.

Only thing you can't do is pick up phone calls if you've switched from your Bluetooth (previously CD multi) and are listening to the radio.

I reckoned on keeping my 997 long term so eventually switched the unit out for a new Panasonic head unit - couldn't be more pleased with that. Integrates well & has CarPlay. But that cost the best part of £700 fitted cf. £200 for the Bluetooth unit above fitted.

So, the phone connects when you switch car on, and you can answer calls via the steering wheel, I'm assuming you select the aux option to stream music?

CarreraMonkey said:
apollokre1d said:
I have one of these which works well.
Bluetooth USB Adapter For PCM 2.x
These work really well. I swapped the crappy Dension unit i had for one of these a couple of years ago and it works like a treat. Highly recommended.
Great value for the money, I only I wish was smart enough to hook it up myself :)

Is this something that replaces the CD changer? Might be an easier option for music streaming than a complete head unit replacement.

tom_nieto said:
Is this something that replaces the CD changer? Might be an easier option for music streaming than a complete head unit replacement.
Yep, it replaces the cd multiplayer. They work a treat and are such good value.
They come with the necessary connectors too and fibre optic loops etc. I wired my dension in originally and then just swapped the units over, but I seem to recall having to put a loop in where the connector went into the phone unit under the seat and a bypass section for the cd unit.
It wasn't that complicated tbh.

Out of interest how long did it take you to fit? Trim removal fills me with dread as I just imagine snapped plastic lugs and scuff marks!

I don't think I've got a phone module in mine, but haven't ever thought about it. I've got a Parrot Bluetooth kit in there which appears to piggy back on to the stereo (plays both phone and music unless you turn down the volume). It's slightly strange!

apollokre1d said:
CarreraMonkey said:
apollokre1d said:
I have one of these which works well.
Bluetooth USB Adapter For PCM 2.x
These work really well. I swapped the crappy Dension unit i had for one of these a couple of years ago and it works like a treat. Highly recommended.
Great value for the money, I only I wish was smart enough to hook it up myself :)

Thanks guys, I've just ordered the unit 👍

tom_nieto said:
Out of interest how long did it take you to fit? Trim removal fills me with dread as I just imagine snapped plastic lugs and scuff marks!

I don't think I've got a phone module in mine, but haven't ever thought about it. I've got a Parrot Bluetooth kit in there which appears to piggy back on to the stereo (plays both phone and music unless you turn down the volume). It's slightly strange!
Have you got a pcm 2.1 head unit, with the sim slot? If yes, then there's a phone module under the drivers seat.

Doesn't actually take that long tbh. Judt a case of unbolting seat and shift it forward to get access to phone module and fit loop. Unscrewing an unclipping panels on either side of centre console to remove pcm and get acces to rear to install bypass. Fit unit with 12v and earth and run a microphone lead to it. Half a day if you don't know what you're doing. Half that if you do.
It was 4 years since I did it for the Dension, but that seems about right.
The Parrot unit may be fitted the same way and be a direct swap?

Thanks for this CM; I have a parrot installed and was wondering if the tie ins were the same for installing an aux input. will put this on my job list..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back