Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bilsteins

I would lean toward Gert as he seems to be the only supplier that has the HD's with the extra thread.

Spoke directly to Bilstein UK yesterday and he told me that type of damper did not exist :?
Can only presume that Gert has a contact at the Bilstein factory that produces these for him.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22530

Just had a quick look at JZM's prices. Expensive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22531

I'll have to give AMD a call to see what they ... inc of fitting ?

will be useful to compare all.. inc fitting ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22545

just spoke to my mate who deals with VW golfs tt etc - he is now a bilstein dealer! - so fingers crossed fo a deal

will let you know the outcome

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22553

I did look at HD and standard OEM springs or HR springs a while ago. Spoke to Steve in JZ, he explained that the set up would work better if the shocks are "matched" properly to the springs. Although HD was said to fit, there performance may not match. So eventually I went for the Roocks kit which were matched HD springs and Bilstein shocks. I know I don't sound convincing 'cos I don't really know what I'm talking about but howabout speaking to Steve in JZ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22562

well - hows about this....

Bilstein only do the B6 diameter apparently - dont know what gerts ones are? B8s arent made for 993s apparently according to bilstein uk.

my mate can get them for £590 incl vat - and says he will do other sets for people on this forum if interested? :D

fitting wise he will fit them and do all the geometry set up for £329 incl vat (Basically a days work to do them)

only problem is stock supply - i got the last set - they are expecting some more from billie but have been told by their distributor they are generally a long wait.

so if you are willing to wait - we have a cheap solution :)

those interested PM me for his details.

also if you really need the extra drop - have a look on rennlist for the solution

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22572

I have been told this as well, but if you go onto Rennlist this is the standard upgrade if you are using the Porsche springs or M033 springs, that is if you don't go down the PSS9 route.

As I said in an earlier post Gert recommends the HD's with the extra thread if you have the HD's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22591

Marc,

Have you gone for the B6 Sport?

Also being very lazy, what is the solution or a link to it on Rennlist would be great!

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22593

just to add to confusion....

'sports' b6's are not sold in n america!
http://www.bilstein.com/pdf/PassengerCars.pdf

'hd's' arent sold in europe!
http://katalog.bilstein.de/

some adverts refer to different valving on sports to hd's!

gonna check whats what tomorrow with supplier - bilstein uk suggested that there was only one version - which i believe to be true as all the parts numbers are the same - HD and sport only being marketing names

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22613

Marc.. to confirm these are Bilstein B6's which are marketed as the HD's ? at that price interested...

so if I combine these with M030 springs... from ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22619

Be really interested in what you find out.

When are you going to get the Bilsteins fitted? Be really interested how you find the B6's.

When you say that you have M030 springs, does that mean that you have the full M030 setup, or like me just the springs?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22620

http://www.9mracing.co.uk/html/modules.php?op=modload&req=listby_category&name=Shop&file=index&productcategoryid=301&topic=5&parentid=3

yep as you can see ninemeister refers to them as sports - check out the price though + vat! ouch

so do you need springs as well? mines factory fitted lowered springs - dont know who to suggest for springs only - havent shopped around - carnewal i would have thought?

got a feeling my mate deals with h&r in the states if interested?

i regards to shocks he says he will do 5 sets or so at that price - let me know if you want any and i'll send you his details (he is a proper garage by the way - not a dodgy bloke in a pub:)

also has rather good mechanics and alignment tools - may be worth a trip north for you?

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22621

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by W Green on 12 January 2005

Be really interested in what you find out.

When are you going to get the Bilsteins fitted? Be really interested how you find the B6's.

When you say that you have M030 springs, does that mean that you have the full M030 setup, or like me just the springs?
full set up as factory fitted option (the guy who speced the motor was mad! 3.8 option at £10k extra and so on)

hopefuly have them fitted next week - will let you know

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22623

I had spoken to Colin last week about getting my car in, but then had a look at the prices. Your are right 'ouch'

Where is your contact based?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22624

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back