Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

be afraid of this 996 Turbo via Hendon Way Motors :(

CarraraWhite

Barcelona
because it is for sale by HMW

(sorry mods a PH link but HWM site doesnt link!)
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...he-996-turbo-coupe-manual-basalt-black/255616

except here is the real story :eek: :eek: of this car that is not fit for sale that has also been clocked !

http://www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/d-chapman-feb-2013.htm

so how does the rest of their stock look :weed:

LINK UPDATED since HWM managed to acquire the web address!
http://www.porschereview.co.uk/index.htm

VEHICLE REG: V15 LOW but spaced to look like V1 5SLOW
1-big.jpg

Porsche 996 Twin Turbo Purchased From Hendonway Motors on 12th December 2011. 12th December 2011
I purchased a Porsche 966 Twin Turbo with 42,157 miles on the clock for £31000 + I part exchanged my Mini Cooper for £3500 and was to receive £500 cash back after the sale.

Images of the Porsche before collection from my home car 1 car 1 car 1 car 1 car 1

Pleased with my purchase I drove the car back to Bexhill. After 2 miles into the journey home, the car's engine management light illuminated advising me to drive no more and to take the car to a garage. The feeling of absolute shock and disgust set in as this £31000 car I had just parted cash for started showing signs of faults within 10 minutes of buying it so I headed back to Hendonway Motors.

Once back at Hendonway Motors and after a lengthy discussion and a barrage of excuses they agree to rectify the fault and deliver the vehicle to my home address in Sussex the very next day.

13th December 2011
The car was delivered by Hendonway Motors as promised; The delivery driver took the Mini Cooper which I part exchanged with the deal and took it back with him to Hendonway Motors. Unfortunately I was just about to leave for 2 days on business so I parked the car in my garage and left.

15th December 2011
On my return I drove the car to Brighton and after a short period of time the same warning light and message came back on; "Do not drive, take directly to garage".

16th December 2011
I called Anthony John from Hendonway Motors and explained that the car was suffering with the same faults and the reply he gave me in his exact words was; "The light will extinguish itself after one month or so". I drove the vehicle for one month as advised by Anthony John and only drove locally on short trips of a few miles as confidence was starting to diminish with the vehicle.

15th January 2012
The warning light still on and displaying the error message so I called Hendonway Motors again and was promised that I would be contacted at the earliest by Anthony John from Hendon Way Motors as I was told he was making all the decisions on the vehicle.

This went on for 2 weeks with continuous phone calls from myself and I found it near impossible to speak with Anthony John or did I receive any return calls even after leaving many messages with other staff at Hendonway Motors. I now start to feel like I was being totally ignored. In the meantime I managed to get hold of the full warranty on the vehicle.

I contacted the warranty company who intern instructed me to take the vehicle to Halfords. I asked if he was kidding? I said it wasn't a bulb blown it is a major failure that needs main agent diagnostics.

7th February 2012
The car broke down with the ABS failure light on, the stability control failure light on and the airbag failure light on. It was subsequently recovered by Elva Recovery Services and taken to Paragon Porsche who are a recognised agent for Porsche UK.

Upon receiving the vehicle, Paragon inspected it thoroughly and strongly advised the following:
- As for the warning light, they advised that the cars ECU needed remapping and could not assist with this problem.

8th February 2012
As the car was un-roadworthy I asked Paragon to liaise directly with Hendonway Motors to remedy the issues of the wrongly fitted tyres, and the timing chain tensioner hoping that they would be more successful in making contact with them. Paragon made contact with Hendonway Motors and we're requested to fax over the findings.

The very same day I managed to make contact with Anthony John (at last) from Hendonway Motors and he instructed me to Authorise Paragon to carry out the advisories saying that we would reimburse me in full on production of the invoice from Paragon. So naturally I gave Paragon the go ahead on the advisories.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for the reimbursement I was promised by Anthony John from Hendonway Motors.

10th February 2012
So now I had the car back but still I have the same problems, the ABS light, Airbag Failure and the Stability control failure light all still illuminated advising me not to drive the vehicle. In the meantime I was still trying to contact Hendonway Motors for my reimbursement and for them to remedy the faults on the car.

I garaged the vehicle as it was unfit to be driven and eventually contacted David at Flash Remapping to attend and remap the ECU for me. David kindly attended and spent all day and could not successfully remap the ECU as the previous engineer who remapped the ECU did not leave any details for the unit. David advised that the ECU needed to be rolled back to its default state and rebuilt to suit.

20th February 2012
Instructed solicitor that it has take Hendonway Motors from Feb 20th 2012 to 14th May 2012 to Arrange the Following;

14th May 2012
The vehicle was recovered by Hendonway Motors as agreed via my solicitor and Hendonway Motors delivered to it's main agent, Hatfield Porsche UK to undertake the repairs with 42911 Miles on it which I had take photographs of before I handed the car over to ensure transparency of the transaction. Its worthwhile noting the mileage before Hendonway Motors recovered the vehicle which was 42911, when they had completed the repairs the car was to be returned to myself.

I rang Hatfield Porsche prior to the vehicle being collected to check authenticity, they confirmed that they were to receive the vehicle and undertake the repairs.

I was advised by my solicitor that Hendonway Motors we're entitled to one month to carry out the said repairs. So one month later I rang Hatfield Porsche UK "as I was not to have any dealings with Hendonway Motors" and they said they had never took delivery of my car!

I informed my solicitor and in turn they managed to contact Hendonway Motors to explain why the vehicle had not been taken to Hatfield Porsche. Unable to comment they advised that they were to undertake the remapping themselves.

Mileage when they collected the car, and mileage when they re-posted it for sale on Piston Heads. review-box Mileage Image Before Mileage Image After 4th June 2012
A further 3 weeks later Hendonway Motors confirmed that the repairs had been carried out. But by now it had emerged from the documentary evidence from the ECU mapping company that the vehicle had been driven an extra 700 miles making the mileage on the car now nearly 43600 miles. I also find out that Hendonway Motors had re-advertised my car for sale without permission and with the new mileage now showing 42912 miles. I have therefore declined to take the vehicle back as it is clear that there is a major issue with it and there is also a discrepancy on the validity of the mileage. I have now raised a dispute against Hendonway Motors.

12th Feb 2013 (to date)
To date Hendonway Motors still have my vehicle and are in negotiation with my solicitors for a settlement figure to take the vehicle back.

This is what the whole experience has cost me to date so far.

> Purchase Price: £31,000.00
> Paragon: £706.69
> New Tyres: £510.71
> Recovery: £147.00
> Remapping: £300.00
> Solicitor and Barrister: £6,000.00

In short the vehicle was purchased in good faith with hard earned cash, but it emerged that the vehicle was not fit for purpose from the start and unsafe to drive and therefore should not have been sold in this condition.

now even though legally I own the vehicle, Hendonway Motors have place it for sale on Piston Heads, without permission.

Images of the Porsche re advertised for sale by Hendonway Motors car 1 car 1 car 1 car 1 Buyers I hope this has been helpful to you and has been fully informative. Remember if you go ahead and purchase from Hendonway Motors you may not have a problem, but you have to bare some serious consideration as to my treatment especially after spending such a large amount of money with them. I my experience businesses often treat all of its customers in the same fashion. Up to now I'm still without a refund or settlement to take the car back and I'm still without a car. BEWARE!

No wonder BBC Watchdog were looking into Hendon Way Motors from all the complaints they had, it's a shame it's not a subject the BBC viewer would have taken to (BBC has no balls), so they didnt have these clowns on the show, no doubt it's being buried somewhere in the BBC.

as there is more from this site

NOTE, there must have been some legal case due to the exact web address and the site now redirects to HWM, but still worth a read

Read Reviews and View Images From Members of the Public That Have Bought Cars From Hendonway Motors.
www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/index.php

For many years I have kept silent when being mistreated by individuals and business owners alike when I take business to them. However.. NO MORE! The beauty of the internet means that we can reach far more people than ever before especially when those potential customers are looking for those businesses. I have powerful stories of mistreatment, dodgy mileage readings, potentially massive porkies and just pure bad customer service and now I feel empowered to tell my true stories to the world, starting with a £30,000 purchase of my dream car which turned out to be a £40,000 mistake and the price is still climbing.

We understand that bad publicity for a company can do lasting damage especially if the story is not true or partly not true. So anything you read on this website is the absolute truth, not speculation nor have we added bits on for artistic purposes. It is the bare bones of how Hendonway Motors treat some of their customers and nothing more. Question is are you going to be part of the lucky percentage or the unlucky percentage? Only you can make your mind up.

£30k dream car was faulty, and over a year later still no car and the costs are mounting to nearly £40k now! Read More. D Chapman, Feb 14th 2012 review-box story thumb story thumb Emails and Comments 26th March 2013

I was in the process of assessing a vehicle advertised at Hendonway Motors and having read the article regarding the purchaser with a Porsche vehicle, I contacted Hendonway Motors to enquire into the comments that had been made and spoke to a person, whom I believe was named John. He reacted towards me in the most unprofessional way, refusing to defend, discuss or enlighten the situation in any form and ending the call abruptly. I have had many contacts over the years with executive vehicle suppliers including Mercedes, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Ferrari and have always found the service impeccable. I can categorically say that I have never been spoken to in this unprofessional way with any other dealership.
Anonymous 2nd March 2013

Thank you Mr Chapman for your informative website which enlightens us to Hendonway Motors after care and customer service. We are in the market for a low mileage 997 turbo after reading your website we will not be visiting Hendonway, we now will avoid.

Good luck - Andy in London Remember if you would like us to post your experiences you've had when dealing with Hendonway Motors then please email us on [email protected] Copyright Protected © 2013

They Sell My Car When All I asked for was a Valuation they_sell_my_car
www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/hendonway_motors_sells_car_behind_owners-back.php
Not even the police can do anything about these criminals.

I was interested in purchasing a Porsche from Hendonway Motors and asked if it would be possible for them to give me a valuation of my current car which I was considering part exchanging. After returning to Hendonway Motors I was absolutely flabbergasted when they told me they had sold my car.

I hadn't even been told what the valuation was of my car nor even if I was happy with that price. They sold my car and they didn't have any documents including the v5, service history, mot and I even still had the second set of keys.

They have basically sold my car forcing me to buy their car, I called the police and anyone else that would listen and they said it was a civil matter and they couldn't do anything about. My days, they have basically stolen my car and they are being allowed to do it. The only option now is a civil case and a complaint with Trading Standards that is all I am able to do so if any one reading this finds themselves in a position like mine then I hope you have read this before parting with your car or cash.

Mr. A

Will I ever get my £1000 deposit back? deposit-back
www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/I_want_my_deposit_back_hendoway_motors.php
I asked for an independent inspection of the car before I purchased and they went nuts.

I placed an order with Hendonway Motors to purchase a Porsche from them. After reading stories from the Hendonway Motors review website regarding their customer care I asked them to allow me to have an independent inspection on the car before I part with my cash, they seemed to go off the boil with me for no reason acting all defensive.

I have paid Hendonway Motors a £1,000 deposit and now I'm in a state of limbo as Hendonway Motors have ignored my continuous phone calls to recover my £1,000.

Mr. Glen

Ferrari Buyer nearly buys his dream car to find the mileage is fraudulent hendonway_motors_sells_ferrari
www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/ferrari_360_deception.php
What did Hendonway Motors say when they we're confronted about severe discrepancies on the Mileage?

I would like to leave my comment as I feel that Mr Chapman has left such a clear and concise experience about Hendonway Motors for all to see what a bunch of sharks they are.

I visited the garage last year to look at a Ferrari 360, lovely car, a car that I have dreamed about owning all my life and I thought I had found 'The One'

The chap at the garage should me around and said that it was a 'Sale or Return' car, but he could guarantee its mileage and condition, as you can imagine I was really excited, however he had no documentation to verify mileage, owners or service record, however he was a nice guy and I was assured it was all in order, so I left a deposit of £5000.00 to hold the car and duly went home to arrange the finance with the company that I used.

I rung my friend and told him about the cars details and mileage and left it at that. The next morning he came back to me from the finance company and told me some alarming news, the mileage I had been quoted was wrong, as a rule they do some checking and it was nearly 21k less than stated, I was also told by Hendonway Motors that it had had 2 owners, when in fact it was 5, I couldn't believe it.

I got straight on the phone to Hendonway Motors and asked them what the hell was going on and they completely refused to admit any part in a deception, even though the guy had stood there and told me he knew the history of the car, unbelievable!!!!

I asked them to return my deposit to my account, this took nearly 3 weeks, what can I say.

These guys are crooks in my eyes, they've done Mr. Chapman over too, why are they still trading, how can they be still trading, people get put away for shop lifting, these guys are potentially stealing and deceiving thousands of pounds of innocent hard working guys and girls that work hard to buy a dream.

Someone close them down and good luck to Mr. Chapman with the Porsche

Ouch. That's some bad shit :x

I called Anthony John from Hendonway Motors and explained that the car was suffering with the same faults and the reply he gave me in his exact words was; "The light will extinguish itself after one month or so". I drove the vehicle for one month as advised by Anthony John and only drove locally on short trips of a few miles as confidence was starting to diminish with the vehicle.

:wtf:

Mmm... they always seem to have very low milage cars :?:

How do companies like this get away with it?
The 996 Turbo in question does look rather tasty though!

Zantaz said:

Have you partially answered you own question?

Too many people buy a Porsche with their hearts (no bad thing), but they also leave reason at the door and all too often the ideal causes them to fill in or gloss over any holes in the story, the spec or the condition on behalf of the dealer!

That's not meant as a derogatory to the buyer, but a loop hole those without scruples are prepared to take advantage of.

Definitely CAVEAT EMPTOR and definitely take a disinterested party to pull you back out of that particular rabbit hole when you fall under the spell.

Oh, and do you homework, or bring it to 911uk for us to help you!

GT4 said:
Zantaz said:

Too many people buy a Porsche with their hearts (no bad thing), but they also leave reason at the door and all too often the ideal causes them to fill in or gloss over any holes in the story, the spec or the condition on behalf of the dealer!

That's not meant as a derogatory to the buyer, but a loop hole those without scruples are prepared to take advantage of.

Definitely CAVEAT EMPTOR and definitely take a disinterested party to pull you back out of that particular rabbit hole when you fall under the spell.

Wise words!

That is shocking and they have dealt with it very poorly, I hope they end up out of pocket and disgraced by their behaviour.

What I find most shocking is that (assuming the facts of this case are correct) they are still allowed to trade while this guy is left out of pocket :nooo:

Even if after a lengthy and costly court battle sees in favour of the customer, there is almost no enforcement to ensure that the dealer refunds the guy promptly and fully.

As an aside I would really like to see a system whereby if a disgruntled customer is awarded damages (refund, whatever), then they can immediately receive those damages in full from a third party who are far more adept at 'recovering' the debt from the dealer. I quite like the idea of a couple of bone breaking heavies heading down to the showroom... :bandit:

Frightening really, I guess also that some people will assume the world of Porsches is exclusively populated by gentlemen who's word is their bond etc.. (like 911UK) :)

Wise words from Simonc, as you may know I'm in the market for a car almost identical to that (but legit), it can be easy to get carried away and think with your heart. Need a third party/disinterested party to keep an objective view on things.

I do feel for the guy who bought this car from HWM and really hope that he gets his money back along with his costs etc.

But, in this time of the internet, the buyer really should've Googled HWM and he would've picked up on umpteen people who have also encountered similar problems. When I was looking to buy a car four years ago, HWM had a Turbo *in stock* which interested me so I called them. I spoke with the legendary 'Anthony' who I picked up on immediately as being a lying crook, I then Googled the company and never spoke to them again.

Even BBC Watchdog were getting involved 2.5 years ago: http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=55789

GT4 said:
Zantaz said:

That explains why people fall into the trap and purchase cars from this dealer but how can the dealer get away with operating like that? I've just done a google on the dealer in question and not only Porsche owners but other marques as well have similar problems. They must operate targeting customers who don't do there homework as I doubt there would be much repeat business...

chimp911 said:
What I find most shocking is that (assuming the facts of this case are correct) they are still allowed to trade while this guy is left out of pocket :nooo:

Even if after a lengthy and costly court battle sees in favour of the customer, there is almost no enforcement to ensure that the dealer refunds the guy promptly and fully.

As an aside I would really like to see a system whereby if a disgruntled customer is awarded damages (refund, whatever), then they can immediately receive those damages in full from a third party who are far more adept at 'recovering' the debt from the dealer. I quite like the idea of a couple of bone breaking heavies heading down to the showroom... :bandit:

+1 :grin:

......shoddy service/support and a car that with a bit of proper pre-sale/prep work before sale, would probably have been ok.

Sadly this situation gives the whole marque a bad name.

That £6k legal bill(thus far) is big. I'd be concerned about that one and would not assume its all going to be awarded.

Once lawyers get involved the whole thing can grow arms and legs. People win battles but can ultimately lose the war. These situations can be made to look anything but black and white.

If it was mine I'd have spent a few more £k's getting the ECU, oxy sensors/cats fixed(after getting two indy reports)then take the dealer to court for the outlays.

At least I'd have a nice 911 to drive about in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back