Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front wiper issue

Thefinn

Barcelona
I have been of the forum and out of the car for around 18 months as I had a fall and broke my heal bone, meaning I couldn't press the clutch so it's been laid up. Anyway time has come for me to get the old girl back on the road but in the time off car has developed a fault with the wipers so this needs fixing.

The wipers will not come at all and so far I have gone as far as having the motor out and testing that, which works so it must be something to do with the switching. When you flick the stalk you hear a click but its not coming on, the jets work so I am thinking its either a relay or the controller, I have an error code 8037 wiper motor stage 1 + 2.

So does anyone know if there is a relay and if so where is it or are the wipers controlled by a module somewhere and if so how can I replace this?

If you're getting a "click" and the Stage one and two wiper motor fault code that really does sound like a relay, they click when they are not switching so to speak, or could just need a slight tap on the motor itself, stuck through lack of use, but relay more likely I'm guessing, look up your models "Relay Location" it won't be hard to find ... try typing in Google "997 wiper motor relay location" .....or words to that effect, good luck.

relays :- connect 12v between the terminals marked + to 85 and - to 86 then check using a meter that you get as close to 0 Ohms as possible between terminals 30 and 87( the obscured one in the picture). If no meter connect a bulb between 87 and 86 and connect 85 and 30 together. Wiper relays are sometimes "custom" units that have timers etc built in, unsure on the 911. In the worst case borrow one if possible from someone to try it.

Attachments

• img_2012_112.jpeg
    img_2012_112.jpeg
    892.6 KB · Views: 88

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back