Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS wheels for 993RS

Ade, the LM has also got alu centre and rim. Are you sure you're not confused with the magnesium centre one? Those were pretty bad for the roads I gathered, they crack easily, but the new alu centre ones are meant to be stronger and much better for the road.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95867

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 01 December 2006

Daz is from the deepest Wales, and he drive a very yellow GT3. The GT3 in the prev pic belongs to Admin with the darkest force, with his ex 993 targa next to it.

Dave had a pink 996 and it was very gay! We ripped him to pieces and constantly took the piss so much that he couldn't take it any more, and now he's got a silver 996 TT, still looks a bit pink though!

I don't know anyone here who's got a riviera blue car.

What colour's your car Taff?

PMSL!!! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95888

I wouldnt have an RS, or GT3 in any other colour, course it says look at me,

what you think people buy Ferrari/Porsches for as well as the performance, so they can be bland and boring,

me no think so, :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95903

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 01 December 2006
I wouldnt have an RS, or GT3 in any other colour, course it says look at me,
what you think people buy Ferrari/Porsches for as well as the performance, so they can be bland and boring,
me no think so, :D

Well if you need to shout "hey look at me" then yellow will suit you fine.

Does your boyfrind like it? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95905

Taffy,

dont know who you are mate, but your posts are getting personal and i dont even know you,

you want to get with the banter suggest you post a bit and get to know people, cos your rubbing me up the wrong way.

if you have a gay hang up that is your concern, dont bring your issues here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95908

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 01 December 2006
Taffy,
dont know who you are mate, but your posts are getting personal and i dont even know you,
you want to get with the banter suggest you post a bit and get to know people, cos your rubbing me up the wrong way.

Sorry mate, wouldn't want to rub you up the wrong way :wink:

I don't have issues, no one else (bar you) seems to mind the GAY jokes?

Lighten up.

I'll happily shake your hand at Bedford, its all lighthearted banter?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95912

Mick,

I reckon the Silver Aluminium centred BBS Racing wheels look best. Gold on yellow will look wrong!

Maybe even Gay, eh Taffy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95915

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Taffy Jones on 01 December 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 01 December 2006Taffy,

I don't have issues, no one else (bar you) seems to mind the GAY jokes?

Lighten up.

I'll happily shake your hand at Bedford, its all lighthearted banter?

Come on Daz, lighten up

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95917

Where's Scott when you need him? :wink:

BTW Since when has artic silver looked pink. Please don't force me to sell this one too :(

BTW BTW That Riveria Blue 997 C4S was probably the best looking 911 I have ever seen 8)

BTW BTW BTW Nic You shouldn't be encouraging Dr Do Little with your PMSL remarks at my expense. :roll:

BTW BTW BTW BTW Bumble Bee's aside I think black wheels look excellent on yellow GT3's. Gold IMHO belong on Scoobies and other Jap crap

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95918

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 01 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Taffy Jones on 01 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 01 December 2006
Taffy,

I don't have issues, no one else (bar you) seems to mind the GAY jokes?Lighten up.I'll happily shake your hand at Bedford, its all lighthearted banter?
Come on Daz, lighten up

sorry mate it is out of order, if it continues, I shall sling me hook, and hole up in PGT.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95920

Whats PGT

Porsche and Gay Times

Sorry couldn't resist

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95924

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Taffy Jones on 30 November 2006

That yellow GT3 is more than Gay, it yells "hey look at me", the black 993 looks cool though, anyone on here's car?
that will be me on both counts.... :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95928

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 01 December 2006
Ade, the LM has also got alu centre and rim. Are you sure you're not confused with the magnesium centre one? Those were pretty bad for the roads I gathered, they crack easily, but the new alu centre ones are meant to be stronger and much better for the road.

The mag ones definitely aren't suitable for potholed Britain, and the alu wheels are certainly better than the mag ones. But my concern is that the design/amount of material used on the race wheels is not a lot and will be more prone to damage (bending/cracks) than the slightly beefier design of the LM.

The problem with these wheels is that they are already very wide to begin with and the amount of unsupported material on the opposite side of the spokes makes them very prone to bending. Even standard GT3 wheels can be bent relatively easily on the inside edge if the driver is not careful. The wheel is 11" wide at the back with only about 2" supported by the spokes!

At the end of the day, it really comes down to the roads you drive on and how you intend to look after the wheels: clean/polish after driving sessions? The LMs are decently strong enough to sustain regular road use, and I don't know of anyone using the Race Wheel (mag or Alu) as a regular road wheel. Also, the amount of lacquer on the Race wheel is a minimum (if any?) and I'd hate to bend a £££ wheel!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95948

Good point. Is the LM lacqured? I know the Race is not lacqured at all on the rim, just polished alu, so will be a bit of a pain. But then I hardly use it on the road other than to and from trackdays, occassional school run and faminly day out on a sunny sunday.

Shame the LM dosen't come in gold, which I like. Haven't decided on which colour to go for, not black, but if I decide on silver then LM is definatley a better option.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95953

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back