Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS E88 Wheel Weights

GTMSpyder

Thought this may be useful for someone in the future.

Ive just put BBS E88s on my 993 - 8x18 & 10x18.

The bare weights (no tyres) are:

8x18 = 9.1kg
10x18 = 9.2kg

The fronts and rears have slightly different construction which explains why there is so little difference between the 8" and 10" width.

Very significant weight saving over the Speedline replicas that were on before and the car feels much more composed, the steering is more lively and actually feels lighter at speed.

Attachments

• img_3957_s_100.jpg
    img_3957_s_100.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 2,448
  • img_3958_s_384.jpg
    img_3958_s_384.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 2,448
They look great. Wheel weight is one of those things that people dismiss, but actually has a huge impact on how a car feels - so I totally understand your comments. I'll only put the original wheels back on my car if it ever needs to be sold, until then it's function over form every time.

They really are a beautiful wheel, as you say thats good figures and helps with unsprung mass etc.
Ive had about 10 sets of wheels on my car including very heavy (Sport Designs) and very light (OZ HLT) and to be honest on normal road driving Ive noticed little difference, really depends on what you had on before.

I would love a set of these. Probably worth about the same as my car.

yes the Fuchs i have on my 993 are even lighter
Front Axle - 8.0J ET52 x 18 Weight 8.20Kg
Rear Axle - 10J ET65 x 18 Weight 8.80Kg

I have a set and weighed them vs the stock 996 GT3 rim. Really not much in it, they aren't a particularly light wheel. Not unduly heavy either.

They look awesome and strong on track, a decent pot hole will annihilate them though.

Tyre weight is also a bigger factor than folks think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back