Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS LM

Nervus

I've just ordered a set of new 19" BBS LM and was advised that 8.5J x ET50 and 11J x ET50 would be the best fit my for my 997.1 C2S X51.

Currently runs 8J x ET57 and 11.5 x ET67 so from a quick calculation the fronts will poke an extra 2/3mm and rears a whopping additional 10.7mm?

Has anyone got any experience of fitting such an offset to a narrow body 997 as I'm now a bit worried if they will poke too much on the rear?

The rear offset you were advised sounds like a C4S wide body fitment.

i have 8.5 x 19s et48 on the front and they fit under the arch although they are probably maxed out. et50 should be OK.

Regarding the rears, I run 11s with et48 as well and I run 13mm spacers still and they fit under ok too. BUT.. my car is a C4S.

The car is dropped by 30mm. I think big offsets and spacers can look a bit goofy if the car isn't low enough.

The rear offset you're being recommended is for 997 C4s/turbo fitment. Ask the vendor to double check.

How much are they landed by the way and who's your vendor?

I was bored so went on willtheyfit. You can see results in the image.

Basically, you're right the rears will stick out 10,7 mm further than the originals. HOWEVER, thats not a big deal. Its just like having 11mm spacers behind the rear wheels.

Most peeps are running 7mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear, so 10.7mm isn't a big deal. In all honesty, I'd want to run 5mm spacers behind them so they stick out as far as the front do.

Unless you prefer the stock, 'tucked in' look, in which case neither will work for you.

Attachments

• offset_204.jpg
    offset_204.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 918
CarreraMonkey said:
I was bored so went on willtheyfit. You can see results in the image.

Basically, you're right the rears will stick out 10,7 mm further than the originals. HOWEVER, thats not a big deal. Its just like having 11mm spacers behind the rear wheels.

Most peeps are running 7mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear, so 10.7mm isn't a big deal. In all honesty, I'd want to run 5mm spacers behind them so they stick out as far as the front do.

Unless you prefer the stock, 'tucked in' look, in which case neither will work for you.

Thanks for that! I do like to maximize the arch but didn't want them to protrude beyond them. I do have it lowered already on Springs with the OG PASM shocks so about -15mm.

@IMA - £5k, 6mths lead UK supplier. I went for Silver over the Gold as car is Slate Grey Metallic but I was torn between the two.

You can't really go wrong, but I think gold contrasts well against the silver bodywork.

I have 8.5J ET50 in my track wheels on the front axle and there will be plenty of clearance vs the arch under compression / bump. I'm planning to run wider lower control arms via shims to get a bit more width and there should be 8-10mm spare on 235 section cup 2 tyres that can be taken up via shims. GT3 spec fronts are 8.5J ET53 with a 5mm spacer optional

The rear wheels are the equivalent of a 17mm spacer on the standard 11J 997 rear wheels (ET67) and most fit a 15mm spacer. GT3 spec wheels should be 12J ET68 on the rear axle with a 5mm spacer optional that would also give an external face that is identical in width.

Thanks Yellow. I'm think they should fit ok then as another 2mm shouldn't be too much. My wheels are 11.5J rears which I didnt think would take a 15mm spacer so thanks for clearing up.

Does anyone have a photo with standard rears and 15mm spacer fitted?

8j ET57 fronts + 7mm spacer
11J ET67 rears + 15mm spacer [/img]

Attachments

• img_0022_294.jpg
    img_0022_294.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 699
8.5J ET50 front
11.5j ET61 rear

Attachments

• f9e521d1_d0c1_4213_bc53_bc38c0f31bcb_143.jpg
    f9e521d1_d0c1_4213_bc53_bc38c0f31bcb_143.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 695
Thanks again Yellow, the BBS LM's will be 2mm more poke than your top photo with Gold wheels. I think it will be ok.

100% they will be fine clearance wise and it should be quite closely matched in look F&R.

The 8.5j ET50 will sit wider than the 8J ET57+7 mm spacer by ~6mm or so on the front of my car. So if the rears are ever so slightly wider than the gold wheels on mine then all good.

I tried a C4S Lobster fork on which is ET51 and I didn't like the look of it poking so much. It actually made the arch gap worse too but maybe it was the Sotto Zero tyres as they have a ballooned tyre wall.

I'm seeing what other offsets BBS can do. An 11J ET 60 rear would be perfect for my taste.

Fronts are 8.5J ET55 as stock so not a problem with an additional 5mm from the BBS 8.5J ET50.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back