Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery Issue or Component Drain Issue?

SpennyUK71

Hi all

I have an issue with my battery draining within a few days and I am not sure if this is an issue with the battery or something draining the battery?

The reason I ask if this is a battery issue, is that I accidentally let the battery drain completely flat over a few months and I wonder if this has damaged the battery which is 3 years old? The battery has since drained completely flat on a couple more occasions.

At the same time, I had an issue with the door lock actuator being faulty and not dropping the drivers window, so I wondered if this faulty part was also draining the battery. I have since changed it (with at excellent eBay purchase at £27 compared to the £200 OEM part) and the battery is still draining.

Before I look at replacing the battery, I thought I would seek some wisdom on here, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

For those interested, this is the door lock actuator I bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Cheers,

Spenny

Best way I've found to try and pinpoint a battery drain is put a multimeter temporarily on dc amps between the battery positive and the disconnected main battery cable (you need radio code etc) with the ignition switch off. You will get a mA reading of the drain. Now systematically remove fuses and note any significant drop in the current reading on the meter to pinpoint the circuit the drain is on.

IanG1 said:
Best way I've found to try and pinpoint a battery drain is put a multimeter temporarily on dc amps between the battery positive and the disconnected main battery cable (you need radio code etc) with the ignition switch off. You will get a mA reading of the drain. Now systematically remove fuses and note any significant drop in the current reading on the meter to pinpoint the circuit the drain is on.

Many thanks 👍

If you let the battery run completely flat, it's probably shafted now.

With a 3 year old battery which has been key run totally flat, i'd Replace it anyway.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back