Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back on the road but a couple of problems.

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Good to hear your both on the mend and getting out in the cars. Hope you enjoy your new wheels as much as I do my new Knob :grin: :grin: :thumb:
cheers Phill I'm still waiting for my carbon knob, glad to hear your enjoying the feel of yours :eek:

Chris I wont be for a few weeks as on the last day in Dinslaken I lost 3rd gear synchro ,so its going in for a gearbox rebuild but have put them under pressure to get it back to me before Simply Porsche :grin: :grin:
sorry to hear that phill, sounds like allot of moding money :pc: you starting to think you should have gone pdk or even a tip turbo?

Man maths as always kicks in and as the gen24S is creeping up in value I still am up on the car so it really doesnt worry me too much. After spending so much time in Germany where half the Spa group were turbos it is tempting as they are bloody quick especially the two modified ones in the group , its quite impressive seeing a car doing 100mph spin its wheels as it pulls away :grin: :thumb:

Now if you convert to a turbo owner Phil this board really will be dominated by them. Now of course that would be a good thing in my book :)

Now booked into Autofarm to get my wheel coded and light cleared. Silverstone quoted 1.5hrs!

Ishay said:
Now if you convert to a turbo owner Phil this board really will be dominated by them. Now of course that would be a good thing in my book :)

Now booked into Autofarm to get my wheel coded and light cleared. Silverstone quoted 1.5hrs!
good to hear, I sorted my steering wheel the horn was stuck on when I pressed it. The hooks on the back of the airbag didn't locate properly because the clips they hook onto were slightly in the wrong place! I didn't have time to do the seat belt as went for a run out👍

I did suggest buying a Turbo to my GF and spending another 25k , now I am limping :floor: :floor:

But limp into the turbo and drive the pain will soon go :thumbs:

I saw a lovely 991 targa at redline but I think I would miss the turbo! Plus I love the interior of mine and even stock it scares the life out of me, I need to get used to it again :thumb:

I used to be 'it had to be stock" but now I look into a standard 997 interior and think it looks bland add a bit of colour and extra leather and it becomes special, only my opinion :thumb:

Once you go 'Turbo' there's no going back! Did my calculations on our trip and I avg'd 29 mpg over 1320 miles and that included all the hooning we did!

I have to say the more I drive my car the more I can't get over how easy it is to live with, one minute your pootling around town the next your doing 1@0 mph down an Autobahn and barring a dodgy window we all had brilliant reliability.

silvermilnec said:
But limp into the turbo and drive the pain will soon go :thumbs:

I saw a lovely 991 targa at redline but I think I would miss the turbo! Plus I love the interior of mine and even stock it scares the life out of me, I need to get used to it again :thumb:

I used to be 'it had to be stock" but now I look into a standard 997 interior and think it looks bland add a bit of colour and extra leather and it becomes special, only my opinion :thumb:

I do like mine and plan to stick with it for a few years then maybe look at a Turbo. but who knows what might tempt me along the way :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back