Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audi R8 V10 Plus v 997 911 Turbo S v Litchfield Nissan GT-R

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Audi's R8 has a new dual-clutch transmission, the Turbo S is on its way out and for £20k, Litchfield will give you a 750hp GT-R than can handle normal roads. Game on.

What a weapon that Datsun is. I actually thought Chris was a bit scared on track with it. Its drag speed was quite simply jaw dropping and I doubt there is much in the UK road car scene that could live with that over the 1/4 mile

Great post.

Also interesting to reflect that's more or less the only really positive review I can remember seeing of the R8 vs a 911. Am I incorrect on that, or is this new version with the DSG box just a huge improvement?

You are correct, this is the plus version as well iirc.. So a slightly different kettle of fish..

Btw anyone noticed how the winner of all these tests suddenly becomes Harris's 'car of the year', he's on at least two this year if you include the GT3..
:?:

Remember that Godzilla is way more than £20k less than Stuttgart's offering, in the first place!

If I had that kind of budget I'd seriously consider a used Gallardo as a rival to the 997 turbo instead of the R8. Same engine, virtually identical gearbox but more desirable than the R8 for me. He did look a bit intimidated by the Nissan, I seriously thought about getting one - but it's too wide to find down the drive and the ridiculous service intervals didn't help either.
So if I needed the 2+2 seats it would be a 911, but he's also right in saying it doesn't sound as dramatic as the others.

Yes all these issues can be fixed on the TurboS it just means going out of warranty!

Tbh, Ive never found that I need more speed, more noise, or better handling as I don't track mine...
Also I suspect it has the best brakes and shortest stopping distance of just about anything out there!

Plus it has all of the everyday useability which 911's are famous for, plus excellent continental cruising ability in all weathers and conditions..

I challenge anything else to be a better compromise on public roads!

s2000db said:
Yes all these issues can be fixed on the TurboS it just means going out of warranty!

Tbh, Ive never found that I need more speed, more noise, or better handling as I don't track mine...
Also I suspect it has the best brakes and shortest stopping distance of just about anything out there!

Plus it has all of the everyday useability which 911's are famous for, plus excellent continental cruising ability in all weathers and conditions..

I challenge anything else to be a better compromise on public roads!

+1 which is why I bought a 911! :thumb:

I have driven an early R8 and a 2011 GTR but the car that topped them all was driving Chimps 997 Turbo S......so unless Audi have done something outstanding with this new model I can't see the R8 being the better of the two cars

Moreover the turbo s sounds like the devils own ride in sports mode :thumb:

A remap and a few more mods and a turbo s would be pushing over 600bhp then i think the heavier Litchfields drag gap would be a lot less.

All great cars of course :thumb:

Really good show by Monkey Harris,
I fed it into the tv for that "more than" experience.
True enough what NS80 was saying about the £20K. It would be interesting to see what ninexcellence could do with the car price plus £20K. :)

Seeing some of the R35's at TOTB was eye opening, Jon Hantons black SVMotorsport 1500hp road car running 9.1 1/4 miles @ 167mph and 211mph in the KM!!!!!! HOWEVER with this power comes a very large maintenance bill the clutches in the diff will not last long at £5K a throw and many other bits break, 850 is about as far as you can go and not go bankrupt. I drve a stock one the other day and struggled to catch a 911 (non turbo) that got the jump round a roundabout and onto a dual carriageway, took me a while to catch it much to the chagrine of the R35 owner sitting next to me who thought the 911 was a turbo. I comfortably overtook one on the motorway a while ago (trust me he was trying) in my 100% stock 996 T only to be handed my arse to me by his mate in a white obviously tuned 35 !!! LOL Ill stick with my porsche and see what happens with 800 hp and some weight loss :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikolo55
Back