Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this C4S?

pannysouth

Morning all,

I'm looking at getting back into a 996 C4S and have been mulling this one over for a while:

https://www.portiacraft.com/car-detail.php?id=3324

Slightly toppy on miles and missing its hardtop but has had a recent rebuild. Value seems pretty good (in the current market) as well. Has most of the spec I want (PCM, switchable SE), but I plan to do some modernising (PCCM upgrade), tone down the Arctic Pack.

I am going to get a PPI done, of course, but just wanted to open up a discussion prior to starting the whole process.

Any comments/help welcome and looking forward to getting back into things here!

Thanks,

PD

Looking at the MOT history it seems that this was a well used but cherished car until it 10 years old. After that it appears to have been neglected and run on a shoestring and then the engine broke.

I'm sure that as well as fixing the engine the dealer has attended to all the issues mentioned in the advisories and it will once again be a lovely car. Hopefully your PPI will confirm this. The asking price seems to reflect the general condition of the car.

Good Luck :thumb:

Based on the rebuild and works carried out, seems very well priced 👌

I'd want to see what liners where used. If they haven't made the engine a closed deck and also used steel liners, then run like ****.

I don't know the car but all I would add to Terry's & Alex's advice/comments is that I've bought 3 cars off Harry at Portiacraft and have always found them great to deal with.

He covered issues raised on my PPI's then some warranty stuff. Given my experience they're more to be trusted than at least one OPC I had dealings with.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

It was a nice car, and Harry was as advertised (e.g. very helpful!) but it is not right for me.

Will be keeping an eye on their stock as I was happy with the service.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back